Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 10:26 AM

4 posts, read 12,329 times

Advertisements

My husband has a few friends who are pushing him to move back to LV with them. They have plans to open a tattoo shop together. I imagine there'll be plenty of competition there. This move wouldn't take place until early or mid 2011, when my husband gets out of the Army, and we're not completely sure on it yet. I just wanted to ask a few general questions. I did use the search feature and didn't really get any info that I was looking for, but if there's another thread talking about it just let me know and I'll get my info from there.

I did find an older post that gave a link to a crime map and some tips on picking neighborhoods based on that. It looks like most of the good areas are in the outer towns, is that right? I have two step-sons who are in school (one is starting Pre-K this fall and the other 1st grade), I also have a daughter who will be starting school in 2011 or 2012. What are your opinions on the better schools? County, city, private?

Also, I've been looking at UNLV's grad program in clinical psychology. It seems competitive but I can't seem to find anything that actually talks about whether or not it's really a good program. Is anyone here in it or happen to know about it?

We're more outdoorsy people, I think that's why this possiblity appeals to us. Right now we're living in Ft. Drum, New York (to give an example, it's below 60 today) but we're both originally from Memphis, TN.

Thanks for any answers or help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 AM

23 posts, read 108,452 times
Anywhere in the NW part of the valley has good schools and amenities, such as Summerlin. Also closer to Red Rock since you enjoy the outdoors. There are other good neighborhoods, of course, but harder to define. The southern area like zips 89139, 141, 123, 052 and so on are nice (upscale).

Stay away from the Boulevard Mall area, parts of West LV, North Las Vegas Blvd, Main Street, and Boulder Hwy and you should be fine. Boulder City is very nice but pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas