Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,490,717 times

Advertisements

I drove down to Lake Las Vegas yesterday- just had to see it for myself.

It was basically empty except for a fair amount of cars- probably real estate related. There were 4 people playing golf. There was a nice beach area totally empty. The nearby pool was .. totally empty. The units looked .. totally empty.

Is this a bad thing? Well on one hand a person could have solitudee and great facilities without being crowded like sardines ( lol my friend booked us two rooms in the Circus Circus - so I know sardines-- Platinum would be a better choice next time -they look great and are quiet).

LLV still sells at well over $100 per sq ft - it should go lower. The units look nice inside from picgtures -havent been in one cept a model.

Olcapt may be correct that its boring and isolated, but it might make a nice date to have a beach and a lake all to yourselves. Hell, I could even bring my kids and each could have their own beach.

Is there any truth to the lake being polluted from chemicals?

What are HOA fees?

What percent of units are vacant?
What percent are in foreclosure?

Another poster predicted the units would be in the $50 per sq ft before it would be investable - that may be logical. There doesn't seem to be a rush.

Another poster said they are unrentable because so far from everything. Would not someone who works in Henderson -enjoy living there? Are there better places to live in Henderson?

Any thoughts...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 01:47 PM

103 posts, read 462,422 times
I am very interested in buying a townhome or condo there but don't have enough information to make a decision. I hope to see some more feedback/comments on Lake Las Vegas.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:52 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,865,537 times
i hear that the association/masterfees are unbelievable there

Old 06-10-2009, 09:35 PM

I went there again - in the two areas I visited the HOA fees were $800 per month. Airics is usually correct. I looked at some units- most are nice inside but some of the views are UGLY. Its really eerie to see vacant shops, stores with only a few people around. The right unit with the right view would be quite pleasant-those are still (unrealistically) expensive and I really looked around and studied what's on the market.

The nicest surprise was crossing the bridge to Lusso where I was joined -not by people but two rabbits! Less people and more rabbits would be just perfect!

Lake Las Vegas has potential but its way too early to buy- two of the Hotel Condo mangement -staff honestly told me - "Don't buy this for an investment- only if you want a nice quiet place to live"

Heed that advice! at least for the next couple of years.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:40 AM

103 posts, read 462,422 times
Really? The Hotel Condo management staff thinks it's a nice quiet place to live. Maybe, I am even more interested in purchasing a condo there. My husband's workplace is 10 min. from Lake Las Vegas. I have a son and plan to send him to a private school, so school district is not an issue to me.

We are planning to live at least 5 to 10 years there. Do you think the value of LLV condo will be stable or go up in 5 years?

Old 06-11-2009, 10:43 AM

458 posts, read 1,665,900 times
$800 per MONTH?! I'm choking here. That's insane.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:46 AM

15,370 posts, read 38,979,635 times
the 800 must be to try and contain the toxic sludge that used to sit where the beautiful 'lake' is now.

Old 06-12-2009, 09:00 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,865,537 times
You guys all know how much I love and believe in vegas but I have to say with $800 hoa fees, I don't think lake las vegas Is a good choice at all. If u do, then you must be ultra wealthy. Please share. I could really use a bag of 50's right now!

Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,215,397 times
Was there really toxic sludge there?

Old 06-12-2009, 03:08 PM

Looking at their accounting it seems $372 of the $800 went to "Feed and maintain Rabbits-Wildlife"
Those rabbits were really very nice. Unfortunately unless you are one of the mega-rich after a few months of $800 a month fees you will be eating them. For $800 a month you could be paying a nice house mortgage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas