Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 05:36 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times

Advertisements

did joieboy get the decline? certainly sounds like it from the last post.. sorry to hear..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 05:37 PM

12 posts, read 29,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonAriesGrl View Post
So...since everyone seems to be posting their situations for "insight" I thought I would throw mine out there. I'm not sure what to think. For starters, I don't live in Vegas, I live 400 miles north up in Reno so I'm not sure if that effects my situation or if I'm considered "out of state" but...back in Jan, I applied for an Administrative Assistant job in the banquet/catering department at Aria. In February I went through a over the phone screening interview, and then in April I went down to Vegas for an in person interview. I interviewed with someone who was a current manager at the Bellagio and she was quick to inform me that she was not at all related to the banquet department at Aria, that each director of the other MGM properties were required to spend a work day down at CityCenter employment interviewing applicants, so this interview was more of a general screening process than it was an actual departmental interview. She explained that once my boss was hired and the banquet/catering management team was in place, that I would be called for a second interview. Well, now it's September, the job offers are supposed to be sent out this month and I have yet to hear anything since April. I check my status on the website about once a week, and the job still says OPEN and my application still says ACTIVE so I'm keeping my hopes up. I've even called and talked to someone at CityCenter, (thinking maybe I missed a call or email, don't we like grasping for straws a month ago who told me that I was still a candidate, my job was still open, and that I should be hearing from someone very soon but..as of yet, nothing. I keep reading on here of people who have had 2 or 3 interviews, and the majority of those on here have had drug tests administered....and I feel like I'm in the dark. Any ideas/help/insight?
CarsonAriesGrl,

My experience has been the exact same as yours. I applied for Admin Asst in the Security Department at Aria. Was told all the same things when I have called as well. The person I spoke with in person was the trainer for MGM properties and she did not seem unprofessional. My thinking was that office postions would be hired last as they probably won't need so much training as the people who will be face to face with the public. I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping. Good luck to you and everyone else here!!!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:45 PM

20 posts, read 40,868 times
Airics, ...yeah, sounds about right. I take it you had the same experience??? Scully thanks for the post. It makes me feel better to hear of someone else in the same boat as me...was getting worried seeing people posting everything from drug tests to job offers lol I like your thinking about hiring last...My mindset was sort of the opposite. I was thinking because we were support staff, and the directors and managers would start work earlier to prepare/plan/organize their departments, that the support staff would start a little earlier than those who face the public, especially in Banquets/Catering. I was assuming that there would be grand opening parties and events that needed to be planned and organized, but then again, we're still several months out from the opening date.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:10 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
actually i interviewed 3 times with the last time in April, and i got the decline notice... right after i left the interview.. the woman who interviewed me said everything was great yada yada yada... im just waiting for someone to leave another mirage property so i can swipe their job...

Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM

317 posts, read 833,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
Hello all! Got the call today! PBX. I also got my hours and days. I go in tomorrow morning to get my pay and details. I'll post tomorrow with the details! I was OPEN/BLANK so there is hope! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
CONGRATS FRECKLEFACE78.....thats awesom!!! I do have a question, not that it matters but you were not an internal right, but did you every work for MgM? ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS I HAVE YET TO HEAR ANYTHING FROM CC

Old 09-10-2009, 07:53 PM

9 posts, read 16,890 times
Hello All! I have read every single thread on here regarding City Center! I too would love some insight.
Jan.11 09 applied online for management position ( don't want to mention what)
Jan. 29.09 Interviewed (at cubicle)
June 22,09 Interview with Department manager. great feedback. They said callbacks would be in July or August????
As of today there has been no: 2nd interview, no drug test, no background check, no phone calls,
and no emails? Application online has remained "active" for 8 months.
I have called CC several times, really no info. other than they said if yes it'll be a phone call, if no it'll be an email. It's very hard waiting by the phone.
Any additional info. you may have would be great, thanks so much. and good luck to all.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 PM

115 posts, read 265,574 times
Not internal in the least. I never worked for an MGM property. I worked for Primm when they switched from MGM to Terribles. So I am not at all considered internal.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:32 PM

6 posts, read 12,768 times
I as well have a few questions while it's getting closer to the end!

I've heard people say they've received cards as well as phone calls for the drug testing. Can anyone explain what the cards looked like that they received?

Also, has anyone heard on Satellite Bank Cashier? They told me they were hiring the manager late August-early Septemeber, and then at the point she would be doing the 3rd interview. So just wondering if anyone has had their 3rd interview.

As far as the whole "Open" and "Active" thing, should I be worried because I'm not a "Blank?"

And to Testosterone, thanks for all your insight, your posts help all of us going crazy remain slightly calm.

Good luck to everyone whether you get in at City Center or another MGM property!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:24 PM

115 posts, read 265,574 times
The cards were the size of a post-card and on one side it had a picture of the "final" city center look and on the other side were the dates, application, interviews, and job offer dates. I am not positive of the dates. I threw away the two that I got. The first one on my interview and the second after my drug test.

I applied in January, Department interview March 3rd, Drug test July 1st, and call Today September 10th. I go in for my paperwork and offical job offer tomorrow morning.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:27 PM

6 posts, read 12,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckleFace78 View Post
The cards were the size of a post-card and on one side it had a picture of the "final" city center look and on the other side were the dates, application, interviews, and job offer dates. I am not positive of the dates. I threw away the two that I got. The first one on my interview and the second after my drug test.

I applied in January, Department interview March 3rd, Drug test July 1st, and call Today September 10th. I go in for my paperwork and offical job offer tomorrow morning.

Edit: After reading this, did everyone get a call regarding drug testing or did they send out a card? If they sent out a card, did it look like the one with all the dates on it?

Last edited by Banker826; 09-10-2009 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas