Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 PM

113 posts, read 239,443 times

Advertisements

Scorpio 78. Congrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 09:32 PM

12 posts, read 47,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggs702 View Post
Thanks. Also m_cordova keep us posted on what they say about the prescription.
i still havent heard from them and when i took my drug test they never even ask if i was in any kind of prescription... is there anyone out there in the same situation as me???..... I'll keep u guys posted!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM

12 posts, read 47,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggs702 View Post
I took my drug test today for Gourmet Food Server at Aria. I brought in my prescription history report and they said they dont need it unless something comes up in the test. Im wondering if the same thing is going to happen to me as M-cordova. That would be crazy if they deny someone a job because of a prescribed medication.
I really hope that what happened to me doesn't happen to you!!!! Goodluck and Let us know what they said

Old 07-10-2009, 12:46 AM

16 posts, read 40,283 times
I talked to the company doing the lab work for the drug test and they said once it shows up positive then to call Rosaley at city center hr and she will take a prescription print out from the pharmacy and she will verify it. I will try and call Rosaley tomorrow to find out exactly what the process is. Im the same as you I haven't done any other drugs at all except what the dr prescibed me.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:28 AM

36 posts, read 89,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_cordova View Post
my drug test came up positive because of lortab and they didnt or havent called me yet to ask for my presciption. what should i do now?
honestly,i had a opportunity to work for wynn,but when they did the drug test on me,they called me ,2 days laters and asked me to go to the pharmacy and get them the list of the medications and handed to the employment center.

and that;s what i did,and they called me again,and told me it;s still coming back positive.i said ,i had feeling it would,cause i am on prescription medicine.

and so they told me,sorry we won;t be able to hire you ,cause your test came back positive.

i kept thinking to myself,normally once you show them it;s a prescription medicine and it;s from a doctor YOU ARE Ok.

I feel that they changed their mind,they probably thought to themselves OH OH,this person,is on lortab,and she probably had or have a workers comps.(i mean everything is possible).they way people thinks these days.

honestly i was depressed,and here i am looking forward for a job at the city center.with DVARA,and good luck to me.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:35 AM

hi.what are you applying for? and i would like to know if you can help me,i am on lortab,i can;t work without them.i tried stopping them cold turkey.i was ok for 3 days ,but then on the 4th day,i was vomiting.sick..and also,they call to work,after 2 month .not even one single shift, hardly i was able to walk the whole time i wanted to come home.

but i needed the money,i had to stay ,other wise,i;ll loose the money.since iam on unemployment.
thank you ,secret admirer.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:45 AM

any body from ballys ,from the side walk cafe? applying to city center?

Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,665,123 times
A drug test cost's the employeer about $60.00. It is usually the last step in getting the job.
Congratulations

Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 PM

317 posts, read 833,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Hi Everyone,

About 2 hours ago, I got a call from City Center. Coincidentally, I left my cell and city center just left me a voicemail to call them back. When I called, the rep asked for my social and she put me on hold to verify who had called me. She kept coming back on the line asking me to hold and then finally transferred me to a manager. I was asked if I was interested in the gourmet server position at JG Steakhouse and I said I am. She then asked me to come in tomorrow between 9-2:45pm for the drug test. So for the rest of the FOH applicants, lengthen your patience a little longer. I know it could get very stressful that you just want give up but there's still a lengthy time left to be called.
SCORPIO78, HOORAY!!!!! CONGRATS. YOU TOTALLY DESERVE IT. I'M SO HAPPY FOR U. I'M GLAD YOU PUT THE PRESSURE ON THEM AT CITY CENTER HOORAY

Old 07-10-2009, 03:32 PM

44 posts, read 76,095 times
Im very surprised that they are doing drug testing this early in the process. I mean, it isnt science to know people can and will attempt to mask the results,and if that is the case....that means they are using some kind of drug..right? So, if they are doing it now..what makes CC think that by the time they open there wont be people who are just drug ridden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas