Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 11:24 PM

126 posts, read 242,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii326 View Post
hey taishar77 congrats again by any chance did they say they were still hiring for front desk? I wish they would just put inactive already, kind of strange that they still keep me open if they are done with the front desk.
They didn't no I felt like asking them if they had filled all of the positions but we really got into part-time vs. full-time it was tough to bridge that gap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitylegal View Post
I think this wekend is taking forever for everyone. LOL
It did take forever for me

Old 09-26-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
i'm pretty sure i am one of the first part time external BOH culinary employees hired, where i stand as far as seniority i do not know, i'm just hoping once i start that i can prove my qualifications, or at least run into one of my old chefs and get bumped up to full time, thats my goal within the probationary period to become full time.
That's really all you can hope for, that pretty much is what I am. I really hope no one got full-time that had zero front desk experience but not much can be helped about that, it would just be...disappointing

Old 09-26-2009, 11:38 PM

13 posts, read 25,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhalos View Post
Will10, Did you sign the job offer yesterday 9/23? If so, can you give me some details. Where are you on the schedule? How many bell positions are there? Are you Full-time or Part-time? Start date is Dec 8, right? Because my job offer is part-time and I will not get to choose my days off, I did not have to make another trip from Hawaii saved me about $550-$600. I did get a call from Marty yesterday asking if I was going to accept or decline the offer. I guess I'll see you on Oct 16 for uniform fitting.
Hey AJ my bad I've been off the forum for a few days. Yes, I signed my JO on 9/23. I was PT as well. Marti told me that most of the FT went to internals, so being an external candidate I feel extremely lucky that I got anything. The breakdown was 107 total bellman, 75 FT. My seniority is 97. They previously were going to hire more bellman but pared it down. I'm hoping that it's so they don't spend $$ training a bunch of people they just plan on cutting when things die down a bit.

We start Dec. 8th with 5 days of training followed by 3 play dates, then it's for reals. First day is property tour and going over the in-room amenities. I took tips from everyone on here and asked a lot of questions That's all I remember, hope it was helpful. And yea I'll see you at uniform fitting!

Old 09-27-2009, 12:03 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,723,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
That's really all you can hope for, that pretty much is what I am. I really hope no one got full-time that had zero front desk experience but not much can be helped about that, it would just be...disappointing
Are you interested in a part time Front Desk position in another hotel. I have seen a few positions come up this week. The pay and benefits would be close to Aria since the Front Desk is part of the teamsters union.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Are you interested in a part time Front Desk position in another hotel. I have seen a few positions come up this week. The pay and benefits would be close to Aria since the Front Desk is part of the teamsters union.
I will have to look at that, I am currently working up until December my time-lines are a bit tricky It's basically a wait and see game, I know that opening hotels can be rather busy and so that may be good for part-time getting hours. But I will explore the options as they present themselves and try to do what I can in the process.

Last edited by taishar77; 09-27-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times

Old 09-27-2009, 05:25 AM

115 posts, read 265,574 times
Whelp,

The weekend is almost over!! I have 8 days until I go in for my "offical" processing for my badge i.d. and such. I wore business casual for my job offer and will do the same for my processing becuase of the photo i.d. Shhhesh can you believe it will already be the start of October mid-this week? time is going by fast but very slowly for these job offers! Let's go CC!!

Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 AM

29 posts, read 57,657 times
Default Management Position

I applied for a hotel management job. Called Friday and the CC rep said " they are working on it" To all who got calls congrats. She asked me if I could check my status on the web site? I told her yes but wanted to know why it was blank. She then checked and said my status is still active. Then I asked her if they would be making calls over the weekend to which she replied " I can't tell you that" she must have taked grouchy pills
Good Luck everyone

Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Maybe she just hates The Yankees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas