Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 06:52 PM

202 posts, read 583,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
AnnPedi614,
Hello and welcome to citycenter forum, just wondering what is your insight on city center hiring process, a lot of us on this forum have already been call to take a drug test, and now we're just doing the waiting game. We were told that the drug test is not a guarantee, but its good. Did you apply for one of the properties, what position....Well best of luck to you and keep us posted ok

I don't have any insight butterfly, in fact I have been reading you all for a few weeks for the person I know. They applied for a management position and are now just waiting to hear if they will get a face to face interview. All they have had so far is a review by someone in HR and that was over the phone. The person they talked to seemed impressed with them so now it is just a waiting game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:02 PM

13 posts, read 22,255 times
It's good to see that I'm not alone with being worried about their current application for City Center. I've just called and was told that I'm still being considered for the position that I applied for, and that any job offer will be done in September. WOW! That just feels like forever to me. I really want to quit my current job for a job at City Center.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 PM

57 posts, read 152,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hooray, I have not got a call, but congrats to you and your husband....by the way what does your status page look like on the website. I did call because the position I applied for was posted back on cc website. I was told I was still in good standing and have nothing to worry about. Congrats again to you and your fiance

scorpio78
do you know if it was a department manager that call you, and did they say anything else?

Butterfly69,

No, it wasn't the department manager that I spoke to today. It was one of their reps. When I called them to say I had gotten a missed call from them today, she asked for my ss# and my name, pulled up my account, and that's when she said that they are calling to verify if my information is still all the same. I found it unlikely for them to call cuz for all the applicants in their system, I didn't know they had time to call the ones who passed drug test and verify the info. And they were pretty persistent in doing so cuz the first missed call was just last thursday.

My application status is now blank where it used to say ACTIVE. Same thing with my fiance's status. I really hope things progress positively. It would be messed up leading all these people on for nothing. Goodluck to you! Let us know if anything new comes up

Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 PM

113 posts, read 239,463 times
Scorpio 78 Congrats to you and your fiancee! Nice to hear that.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 AM

317 posts, read 833,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Scorpio 78 Congrats to you and your fiancee! Nice to hear that.
Hello jim carter,
I was just wondering if you heard back from city center yet ?

Old 07-18-2009, 09:29 AM

Hi butterfly 69. How r u? No talked to a rep yesterday. He said the reason it's been so slow is because of a lot of so called '' Behind the scenes stuff''. I figure this has to do with the background checks and so on. Plus the fact that they are still hiring for a lot of posistions. Last time i heard they had interviewed 137,000 people for roughly about 12,000 to 13,000 posistions. Plus a lot of management posistions have yet to be filled. They say be patient. I interviewed back in march, so it's been 4 months. I have patience. The good thing about cc is, the economy is supposed to rebound in september. Thats according to economists. CC is opening at a good time, It's going to be crazy when it opens!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim carter View Post
Hi butterfly 69. How r u? No talked to a rep yesterday. He said the reason it's been so slow is because of a lot of so called '' Behind the scenes stuff''. I figure this has to do with the background checks and so on. Plus the fact that they are still hiring for a lot of posistions. Last time i heard they had interviewed 137,000 people for roughly about 12,000 to 13,000 posistions. Plus a lot of management posistions have yet to be filled. They say be patient. I interviewed back in march, so it's been 4 months. I have patience. The good thing about cc is, the economy is supposed to rebound in september. Thats according to economists. CC is opening at a good time, It's going to be crazy when it opens!
Hey jim,
I really hope everything works out for you in a positive way ( except for the drug test haha) but I really do hope we all get offered a position at cc

Old 07-18-2009, 03:37 PM

Butterfly 69. Thanks, hope everything goes well for u 2.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:24 PM

101 posts, read 196,484 times
I took my drug test July 1st and got an email yesterday saying I was selected for a department interview. I scheduled it for next week. I already had my depertment interview in April, so I'm hoping this is the final step. At my interview they said they wouldn't be offering jobs until September, but when I went in for the drug test they said it could be anytime between now and September, so check my email regularly. I looked up on the website and it says the 5th step is the job offer. It says you will go in and meet with the hiring manager to go over all your paperwork, rate of pay, start date, ect. I can hardly wait until friday to verify if I'm hired or not! Has anyone else gone in for this yet? I'd love to find out what happened. BTW the possition I applied for is baker at the pastry shop at Aria.
Thanks,
dasiyluver

Old 07-18-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyluver View Post
I took my drug test July 1st and got an email yesterday saying I was selected for a department interview. I scheduled it for next week. I already had my depertment interview in April, so I'm hoping this is the final step. At my interview they said they wouldn't be offering jobs until September, but when I went in for the drug test they said it could be anytime between now and September, so check my email regularly. I looked up on the website and it says the 5th step is the job offer. It says you will go in and meet with the hiring manager to go over all your paperwork, rate of pay, start date, ect. I can hardly wait until friday to verify if I'm hired or not! Has anyone else gone in for this yet? I'd love to find out what happened. BTW the possition I applied for is baker at the pastry shop at Aria.
Thanks,
dasiyluver
Hi dasiyluver,
just trying to understand you correctly, you had a drug test already, and now their calling you back for an interview right? Well maybe its your department. I had a drug test June 25th for cocktails and have not heard anything yet, well GOOD LUCK on your department interview ok keep us posted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas