Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 07:17 PM

23 posts, read 42,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Yankee Fan View Post
Hi everyone,

Just a little good news to share with all of you. I called cc on Friday and was told they will be making job offers until the middle of October. About an hour ago my phone rang and I noticed a 702 area code. It was a call from the department head who interviewed me March 25. She offered me the position. Because I live out of state she went over all the details. I accepted the job and start Nov. 16. Everyone please do not give up hope. They are calling externals so keep the faith. I will keep all of you in my prayers. This forum has helped me so much because we are all going through the same thing. I was hired for hotel management.
Hey New York Congrats From the Jersey Girl!!!! I hope I get to move to Vegas,
But in the mean time being a realtor as well as a Cocktail Waitress, I work for a company out here in N. J. Called Prudential Fox & Roach. There is a Prudential in Vegas Look them up on line I did and guess what Some of the agents are from NY........ They will take care of you if you can't locate there address let me know and I will get there # for u...
Best of Luck..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 07:22 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblietta View Post
[/url]

Stay away from North Las Vegas and East Las Vegas. Summerlin is nice and so is Green Valley.

Congrats and welcome to our city...

Again you are WAY off.. the areas to stay away from are EAST OF THE 15 AND SOUTH OF CRAIG....

Northwest of that which is North Las Vegas is gorgeous! Especially the Aliante Area..
The bad area is referred to is NORTH TOWN!

Old 10-03-2009, 07:26 PM

30 posts, read 57,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Again you are WAY off.. the areas to stay away from are EAST OF THE 15 AND SOUTH OF CRAIG....

Northwest of that which is North Las Vegas is gorgeous! Especially the Aliante Area..
Northtown is the common nickname for the area, but a lot of people from out of town have no idea it is called that. North Las Vegas is the incorporated name of the town and the correct reference to the area would be the northeast part of Las Vegas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Las_Vegas,_Nevada

Last edited by hilogirl65; 10-03-2009 at 08:06 PM..

Old 10-03-2009, 07:48 PM

31 posts, read 56,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post

What do you mean again? I have never posted anything on here before that has anything to do with the city.

East of I-15 is East Las Vegas… Duh…. And all of North Las Vegas is trash!

I have only lived in Las Vegas for over 45 years so maybe you know best... LOL

Old 10-03-2009, 08:00 PM

29 posts, read 57,584 times
Thank you everyone for the congrats and helpfull information. My satus as been open blank. it went to active in July when I took my drug test then back to blank again. I will be salary and work for hotel operations.HR will call me this week to start my paperwork. They are starting me November16 to help get the hotel ready to go. I will remember the password Butterfly and look foward to meeting you nice people.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:05 PM

31 posts, read 56,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilogirl65 View Post
Northtown is the common nickname for the area, but a lot of people from out of town have no idea it is called that. North Las Vegas is the incorporated name of the town and the correct reference to the area would be the norheast part of Las Vegas.

North Las Vegas, Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thank you dear, you are very correct. I said North Las Vegas in general because of what you stated was my thought about "out of town folks"...

Old 10-03-2009, 08:52 PM

20 posts, read 36,266 times
hey JJ no I did not take off my app from cc. I left my options open, lets see if I get a call from either. It says on-call but I'm hoping some people are leaving the front desk from this hotel to go the city center but we'll have to see.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:56 PM

57 posts, read 152,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Yeah, I am excited. THe pay rate I was offered is above the culinary rate which I am happy about. You're a server too, right? I'm looking forward to our gala on 11/24. That's a MUST go event . I'm sure it'll be fun.

Congratulations and hope to work with you on some of the shifts. I got a call from Mandarin today. It was the lady with the European accent. She said the get together for MOzen staff is at Firefly Bar on 10/19. WE're all gonna hang out and meet everyone who's gonna be working at the restaurant. I really like how they have these employee events for us. It's not common for companies to do that. I'll let you know what happens there. Talk to you soon!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:04 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,705,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio78 View Post
Congratulations and hope to work with you on some of the shifts. I got a call from Mandarin today. It was the lady with the European accent. She said the get together for MOzen staff is at Firefly Bar on 10/19. WE're all gonna hang out and meet everyone who's gonna be working at the restaurant. I really like how they have these employee events for us. It's not common for companies to do that. I'll let you know what happens there. Talk to you soon!
I would be very surprised if MGM picks up the tab for the get together.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:03 PM

159 posts, read 286,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oblietta View Post
What do you mean again? I have never posted anything on here before that has anything to do with the city.

East of I-15 is East Las Vegas… Duh…. And all of North Las Vegas is trash!

I have only lived in Las Vegas for over 45 years so maybe you know best... LOL
I live off of tropical and cent area and I'm n.lasvegas and I love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas