Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 05:16 PM

159 posts, read 287,291 times

Advertisements

Did you ask them or did they come right out and tell you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:51 PM

77 posts, read 164,174 times
Default pretty much

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWELSINTHECITY View Post
Did you ask them or did they come right out and tell you
no it was pretty straight forward with little push. was told i could check out their other openings/properties if i wanted to keep my app going.
uh i already got a fulltime gig at one of your properties doing just fine. you can probably keep your part time gigs that will be laid off when city center opens.
disappointed and jealous but glad i have employment already and had little to lose.glad i now have closure and can now work on other things in my life that were on hold pending their long drawn out process.

i wish good luck to those fortunate enough to receive a spot. i think you will all do very well. this forum was great during my need for info. thanks to all for posting their info

Old 10-26-2009, 07:14 PM

38 posts, read 74,310 times
Sorry to hear that hhwwe1! Im glad you have employment already. Hopefully this economy starts back up again sometime soon!!! Good luck to everyone else waiting or job hunting!!!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM

My life is kinda on hold waiting to I have a job fulltime but they won't move me up till I know about cc so I'm just hanging on if I do get a job at cc I want to leave on good terms with my job now so if I do get layed off I can go back

Old 10-27-2009, 08:09 AM

131 posts, read 239,404 times
Default Good Luck and Best Wishes!!!

I just wanted to say 'good luck and best wishes' to everyone waiting to hear something this week! I most sincerely hope that everyone who hasn't heard anything from CC gets some positive news one way or another. It's obviously an important week.

This thread has gotten quite quiet, but congratulations and thanks again to those that have gotten hired and stayed with this thread to keep those waiting to hear something informed. Very nice and understanding of you to take the time out of your day to do so!

My friend that applied for bartender at Aria is still reading 'OPEN/blank' and hasn't heard anything from CC. When my friend called CC last week, they were told that CC would be calling for jobs until the end of October, the same that has been told to others on this thread.

Again, good luck and best wishes this week!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:45 PM

22 posts, read 41,668 times
So I call CC today and they look up to see if they had call anyone for my position. She took a second and she said yes, one person has been called. When I interviewed they told me only one person was going to be hired for my position since it has to do with Employee support, so I was very sad to hear one person was called. I then ask the CC rep if the person had accepted the JO and she said yes the person has been hired. I said I never got a rejection letter or e-mail and she said that they might have more people hired for the same position. I found that odd as in the interview process they were clearly telling me that if I was to be hired I would be the only person doing all the task in that position and that there would not be a support team for me. She also told me not to cancel my application and to wait a week to see if I get a call after that then I could cancel and applied for other openings in other hotels. I am not sure what to think now specially after going through the whole process 2 interviews plus drug test and they still have not being clearly communicating with me. So I will wait a week and we will see what happens. I will keep you up-to-date and good luck this week to everyone.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:57 PM

41 posts, read 75,017 times
Thank you for the info!!

Old 10-27-2009, 01:42 PM

126 posts, read 242,764 times
Hello Everyone,

Haven't been around much since I posted an update a while back but thought I'd see how everyone is hanging in there. Anymore Guest Services/Front Desk people out there?

Old 10-27-2009, 02:55 PM

I called again to find out if they hired anybody for the pool she told me she can not tell me and she let me know that my status is the same since I called the last time she seemed mad that I called again whatever that is her job

Old 10-27-2009, 06:10 PM

77 posts, read 164,174 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEP View Post
So I call CC today and they look up to see if they had call anyone for my position. She took a second and she said yes, one person has been called. When I interviewed they told me only one person was going to be hired for my position since it has to do with Employee support, so I was very sad to hear one person was called. I then ask the CC rep if the person had accepted the JO and she said yes the person has been hired. I said I never got a rejection letter or e-mail and she said that they might have more people hired for the same position. I found that odd as in the interview process they were clearly telling me that if I was to be hired I would be the only person doing all the task in that position and that there would not be a support team for me. She also told me not to cancel my application and to wait a week to see if I get a call after that then I could cancel and applied for other openings in other hotels. I am not sure what to think now specially after going through the whole process 2 interviews plus drug test and they still have not being clearly communicating with me. So I will wait a week and we will see what happens. I will keep you up-to-date and good luck this week to everyone.

well like i said my rep said it didnt matter whether i received an offer or rejection(even though i was assured we would be) but that offers for my department were OVER PERIOD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas