Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 11:09 AM

47 posts, read 99,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moudira View Post
i like what you wrote, so are you a cocktail server?
Moudira,
Thanks, I am currently working in a different field but I have some experience and worked at a few other places a while back ago. I would like to get back into Cocktails and hopefully at CC. If not, I will look into the Culinary union 226. They had a few job places this week at Montecarlo and Excaliber but they are MGM properties and I think you can't apply there if you have an app. at CC. I am waiting on CC first, then if not my back up plan would be to go through the union.

>>Lyndie, Did you get to pick what shift you wanted to work for?

Last edited by beverage_server; 09-08-2009 at 11:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 11:42 AM

181 posts, read 340,764 times
beverage_server
i'm in the same boat, if CC falls thru then the culinary union i will go to also, and yes most union prperties are MGM/Mirage so you would have to withdraw your app at CC if you were to go for another MGM/Mirage job. i already looked into it

Old 09-08-2009, 11:46 AM

25 posts, read 57,277 times
yes i was able to do this,,,

Old 09-08-2009, 11:58 AM

47 posts, read 103,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude64 View Post
when does vdara open and how long does that give you to train? when we opened Bellagio F&B we started end of august, didnt open till oct
It's bunk man! The F&B Manager said: (if) I was hired I wouldn't
train till the 5th of December!!!!!!. I also can't apply at
other MGM properties. (10) days before it opens????

Old 09-08-2009, 01:22 PM

14 posts, read 27,216 times
Quote:
... if CC falls thru...

'blank' > 'active', in the week that most of the job offers are going out... coincidence? i don't think so... you're a lock.

just hope you get an early job offer date so you can get a good seniority spot.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 PM

36 posts, read 89,066 times
Angry what a life

Quote:
Originally Posted by beverage_server View Post
Moudira,
Thanks, I am currently working in a different field but I have some experience and worked at a few other places a while back ago. I would like to get back into Cocktails and hopefully at CC. If not, I will look into the Culinary union 226. They had a few job places this week at Montecarlo and Excaliber but they are MGM properties and I think you can't apply there if you have an app. at CC. I am waiting on CC first, then if not my back up plan would be to go through the union.

well this is what hapened,i put in for a banquet server at the vdara since january,then i got a notice saying ,cancelled, inactive,i called and they told me,that they don;t need any more people.and i said, couldn;t i least got a offer in something else,he said NO.

so any way,i tried for couple weeks to see if they had any more jobs,at the cc,but no luck,it was too hard to believe,that they have nothing i could do.and finally i found a place for a food server,at the fisherman,and i had a interview with 2 managers,and i doubt it if i get the job.

cause,the questions they asked you were too hard for me to answer.maybe cause of my language.i got nervous.and now i am just waiting for a week ,to see what will happen.I hate to be in that situation,JUST WAIT ,and next thing, after all the jobs are gone,they tell me, sorry ,we won;t be needed you.
>>Lyndie, Did you get to pick what shift you wanted to work for?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:15 PM

16 posts, read 39,963 times
I called the CC employment line earlier today and was told that internal offers were going out now and that around the 20th is when CC will be making calls to those that are not current MGM Mirage employees. I applied for Guest Services position. I was told I was "approved" by the lady that took my call. lol

Old 09-08-2009, 02:21 PM

188 posts, read 349,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frath View Post
I called the CC employment line earlier today and was told that internal offers were going out now and that around the 20th is when CC will be making calls to those that are not current MGM Mirage employees. I applied for Guest Services position. I was told I was "approved" by the lady that took my call. lol
hi...they called me on the 1st of sep...and i go for my job offer on the 29th and i never worked for mgm mirage before..........i applied for housekeepin at the aria hotel...

Old 09-08-2009, 02:24 PM

317 posts, read 833,918 times
Quote:
beverage_server
i'm in the same boat, if CC falls thru then the culinary union i will go to also, and yes most union prperties are MGM/Mirage so you would have to withdraw your app at CC if you were to go for another MGM/Mirage job. i already looked into it
Hello Dude64,
Why did you stop working at the BELLAGIO?

Old 09-08-2009, 02:49 PM

181 posts, read 340,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bagman View Post
'blank' > 'active', in the week that most of the job offers are going out... coincidence? i don't think so... you're a lock.

just hope you get an early job offer date so you can get a good seniority spot.
thanks for the encouragement bagman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas