Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 08:05 PM

91 posts, read 200,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moudira View Post
you know ,that;s funny,i tried getting in ,for the last 2 weeks,i put through 4 different kind of jobs different time,and they turned me down.

IS IT because I AM NOT ORIENTAL,I MEAN I WANT TO KNOW,WHAT EXACTLY they need...........is it cause of my age..........

and if you don;t mind me by asking you this,but what is your age,and what is your nationality?
did you fill out the application online correctly and honest?
did you meet the requirements?

fyi: Mandarin Oriental is International so any ethnic background may apply keep in mind AGE is just a number
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:50 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie702 View Post
did you fill out the application online correctly and honest?
did you meet the requirements?

fyi: Mandarin Oriental is International so any ethnic background may apply keep in mind AGE is just a number
i disagree... age imo is a factor.. im seeing that everywhere... ethnic background depends on the facility, but mirage - take a look and see who they are hiring..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM

77 posts, read 164,154 times
internal transfer still waiting to hear. open and blank.
several people got the offer last couple weeks of AUGUST here.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:11 PM

67 posts, read 130,574 times
Hello everyone.Anyone from FRONT DESK got offered yet???? Please talk to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 09-08-2009, 11:08 PM

25 posts, read 57,267 times
Moudira,yes I did get to pick the shift and days off,,,,

Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM

36 posts, read 89,052 times
Talking going nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
think of this - lots of people moving over to cc = openings at other hotels. when cc cuts the jobs, these people that moved to cc will be out of a job and won't be able to go back to where they were since the job was filled.

I JUST FEEl very helpless, i feel that ,i am not going get a job any where,cause,first of all,they are being picky,and they are making hard on me......i feel i am the only one looking for a job.

i just have this feeling,they don;t want to hire me because i am 46.........

and i am not blonde,and i am from the middle east.

and they probably think i am a terrorist

Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM

20 posts, read 36,298 times
JJ1728 I applied for the front desk as well, but no call yet. Hopefully, it will come soon getting very anxious

Old 09-09-2009, 12:02 AM

Talking i don;t know any more

i spend more then 7 hours a day on the computer,looking for jobs.applying almost everything i see.

i honestly ran out of places.

i feel this is the end of the world.

it;s too hard for me to get up and fix my hair ,and do my eyebrows ......no energy.

everything i try to put on,doesn;t look good on me.....i go in there,feeling very down.

nervous,keeps thinking in my mind..........i know i am not going ever get a job.or if i did,they probably let me go right away.

they are writing every thing in the computer..........as they interview

they will over hire,and next thing,they start cutting back people.

these new hotels,are just bunch belony.,,,,,,,,,

Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 AM

i wish someone could look at my resume.i just have this feeling, it have to do with my resume.it SUCKS.i tried calling mandarin non one even talks to you .

Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 AM

57 posts, read 152,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moudira View Post
you know ,that;s funny,i tried getting in ,for the last 2 weeks,i put through 4 different kind of jobs different time,and they turned me down.

IS IT because I AM NOT ORIENTAL,I MEAN I WANT TO KNOW,WHAT EXACTLY they need...........is it cause of my age..........

and if you don;t mind me by asking you this,but what is your age,and what is your nationality?
Hi Moudira,

I applied for 3 different positions for Mandarin Oriental - Fine Dining Server, Casual Dining Server, and IN suite dining server and I was called by all three managers for an interview in a 2 day span. However, I only needed to come in for 1 initial interview which I did for the fine dining server. I was told that day that specifically only invite people that years of experience in which they are applying for. They don't do mass interviews/drug test like other properties because they don't want to waste time if based on their application they feel the applicant is not qualified - meaning no sufficient experience in a luxury hotel. So, they immediately send a rejection email to those people so they are not left hanging.
I am asian in my late 20's but I don't think they hired me for that. In fact, my fiance who is also Asian got turned down for Valet attendant but got hired by Aria for the same position. So it just really all depends. Just because their hotel name is Mandarin Oriental doesn't mean their top qualification is you have to be "asian". The GM is Indian and the Food and Beverage Director seems European. When I also went for my second interview, different nationalities were in the waiting room awaiting for their background check and drug test paperwork.

Don't lose hope. There's still a chance Aria or Vdara will call for a job offer. Remember, there's over 200,000 all together for these properties. Experience and Personalities are their top baseline for hiring people and even so, competition is high due to extreme number of people that are highly experienced. I wish you the best of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas