Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,721,022 times

Advertisements

“Was told by CC rep. that I am still a candidate and to listen for that phone to ring..."

They tell me the same thing and I have yet to be interviewed. When do they plan to interview me? Are they going to squeeze it in during the uniform fitting?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM

67 posts, read 130,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taishar77 View Post
Front Desk as well with no calls or changes in app status.
Thanks Hawaii326 abd Taishar77...have you guys called cc recently? If so, what did they tell you?any updates about the front desk?

Old 09-09-2009, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 25,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhalos View Post
I received the job offer yesterday for bellperson. I go in on Sept 23 to do the paper work. Will10 did you get the offer for full-time or part-time? My offer was for part-time I'm just happy to get in. Good luck to everyone hang in there.
After reading your post, I was so excited about just getting the call that I didn't hear or don't remember whether it was full time or part time, or what position they even offered me haha well I'm assuming it was front services bellperson, the position I originally applied for. I'm going to call tomorrow and ask. I also go in on the 23rd, sometime after noon, probably closer to 4 when I get off my other job. Maybe I'll see ya there, and if not I'm sure I'll see you at orientation! I'm the skinny mixed kid probably wearing browline glasses. Cheers!

Old 09-09-2009, 08:43 PM

20 posts, read 36,298 times
I have not called cc yet. I think I'm going to call tomorrow. Didn't someone say they called and were told that they were going to start calling front desk around the 20th? I hope it doesn't take that long. I have to know asap because I have to start moving from Hawaii. It seems to me they haven't reached our department yet.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii326 View Post
I have not called cc yet. I think I'm going to call tomorrow. Didn't someone say they called and were told that they were going to start calling front desk around the 20th? I hope it doesn't take that long. I have to know asap because I have to start moving from Hawaii. It seems to me they haven't reached our department yet.
I will try to call as well tomorrow! I always try to contact them but I was always put on lengthy hold! and by the time I get off work theyre gone already..Keep me posted and I'll do the same if I hear something..

Old 09-09-2009, 09:46 PM

131 posts, read 239,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testosterone View Post
Bartenders and Cocktails will be amongst the last group to be called.
J.O's will start going from October for us. If U had 3 Interviews:
1- Cattle call
2- Dept I.V (by a manager borrowed from another MGM-Mirage Prop)
3- Dept I.V ( by a member of the mgt team of ARIA)
Passed Drug test and background your app still shows Either Active or Blank you're pretty much guarenteed the JOB

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this post along with a very good friend who has applied at CC (I have not applied at CC because I am happily employed elsewhere at this time).

I would like to congratulate everyone on this post, regardless of out come. The waiting is over whelming, tiring, frustrating and of course, very exciting.

Personally, I think that CC is going to be an exceptionally grand addition to Las Vegas of historic proportions. I sincerely wish all of you the best!!!

The friend of mine who has applied at CC applied for a bartender position at ARIA. I think that we all have personal questions and I don't want to intrude, however, to TESTOSTERONE, or whomever may be able to answer, I have a question; the friend of mine who applied for bartender went to the first interview (front desk, or cattle call, as I read it referred to), second interview with an F&B person (who wasn't necessarily working for only CC at that point in time, in other words, not necessarily a CC F&B manager/director then, although maybe now). My friend didn't feel confident about the interview, but got called for the drug test near the end of June. Thier JOB'S STATUS=OPEN, APPLICATION STATUS= blank. They haven't had this "3rd Interview" that others on this blog keep referring. Has everyone else experienced this "3rd Interview", because it seems that it was a 3rd interview originally for Cocktail Waitresses only, due to the high amount for applications for cocktails? I am only inquiring for my friend because of watching thier frustration with this small, but important question (as all the inquiries here are important). This person has bartended on the Las Vegas Strip for about 15 years and is probably one the hardest workers that I've known. I can't believe that CC wouldn't, at the least, have called this person for a "3rd Interview" after two interviews and a drug test.

Thank you for your time and the best of luck to everyone!!!

Old 09-09-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza-4-1 View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this post along with a very good friend who has applied at CC (I have not applied at CC because I am happily employed elsewhere at this time).

I would like to congratulate everyone on this post, regardless of out come. The waiting is over whelming, tiring, frustrating and of course, very exciting.

Personally, I think that CC is going to be an exceptionally grand addition to Las Vegas of historic proportions. I sincerely wish all of you the best!!!

The friend of mine who has applied at CC applied for a bartender position at ARIA. I think that we all have personal questions and I don't want to intrude, however, to TESTOSTERONE, or whomever may be able to answer, I have a question; the friend of mine who applied for bartender went to the first interview (front desk, or cattle call, as I read it referred to), second interview with an F&B person (who wasn't necessarily working for only CC at that point in time, in other words, not necessarily a CC F&B manager/director then, although maybe now). My friend didn't feel confident about the interview, but got called for the drug test near the end of June. Thier JOB'S STATUS=OPEN, APPLICATION STATUS= blank. They haven't had this "3rd Interview" that others on this blog keep referring. Has everyone else experienced this "3rd Interview", because it seems that it was a 3rd interview originally for Cocktail Waitresses only, due to the high amount for applications for cocktails? I am only inquiring for my friend because of watching thier frustration with this small, but important question (as all the inquiries here are important). This person has bartended on the Las Vegas Strip for about 15 years and is probably one the hardest workers that I've known. I can't believe that CC wouldn't, at the least, have called this person for a "3rd Interview" after two interviews and a drug test.

Hi Pizza 4 1 .. I only had 2 interviews and a drug test..I applied for Front desk though...

Old 09-09-2009, 11:15 PM

181 posts, read 340,734 times
i only had two interviews for cook then drug test

Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 AM

66 posts, read 125,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
“Was told by CC rep. that I am still a candidate and to listen for that phone to ring..."

They tell me the same thing and I have yet to be interviewed. When do they plan to interview me? Are they going to squeeze it in during the uniform fitting?
Why don't you call CC reps and ask them....And please don't quote other people posts....quote your own post.

Thanks!

Old 09-10-2009, 01:23 AM

126 posts, read 242,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza-4-1 View Post
Hello everyone,

Well I only had 2 interviews because my scheduled interview was with the department head of the department I was applying for (not a stand-in from another property). I think it is very case specific and timing specific as to the amount of interviews you may actually have and with whom. In my case I applied back in Feb for a management position was never emailed a sorry we don't think you were qualified but my app went inactive so I figured I was passed over (I have front desk management experience but on a smaller scale). I went back in July and applied for a regular guest services position and actually bypassed the screen and was called straight into the department interview with the head. The next day I was called for a drug screen and that's all she wrote as far as what is going on with my application. So I think it is very situational to say the least, I am open and blank and that hasn't changed during my application process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas