Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:22 PM

317 posts, read 833,734 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
I was just reading some of the blogs about the hiring Process at city center. Well I did have my screening interview in March, and got invited back for a second interview in April. Today about 15 min ago I got a call back to come in to take a drug test tomorrow. Now some are staying taking the drug test is not a quarantee, but does'nt it cost money for a company to do a drug test on individuals? If anyone whose already taken the drug test for city center were you offered the position, and how long did it take them to notify you if you were? Thanks hope to hear from someone soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 08:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly69 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I was just reading some of the blogs about the hiring Process at city center. Well I did have my screening interview in March, and got invited back for a second interview in April. Today about 15 min ago I got a call back to come in to take a drug test tomorrow. Now some are staying taking the drug test is not a quarantee, but does'nt it cost money for a company to do a drug test on individuals? If anyone whose already taken the drug test for city center were you offered the position, and how long did it take them to notify you if you were? Thanks hope to hear from someone soon
I don't have first hand knowledge but I wouldn't pay for a drug test if I wasn't seriously considering the candidate for employment. Good luck!

Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM

24 posts, read 104,925 times
If you pass the screening, you got the job. Congrats and lets hope all those anti-drug PSAs did you some good.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:38 PM

171 posts, read 588,142 times
Urinalysis does cost money. A real employer should never charge a potential employee to take it. It only costs around 15 dollars or so

Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,408,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aacole View Post
Urinalysis does cost money. A real employer should never charge a potential employee to take it. It only costs around 15 dollars or so
What I meant to say is that I, as a hiring person, would never send a candidate for a drug screen unless I was seriously considering hiring that person. $15.00 for a complete drug screen is very cheap!

Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 PM

6 posts, read 51,580 times
What position did you get hired for? CityCenter told everybody in writing during their interview that they won't be offering jobs until September. They might be hiring supervisors, porters, maids or clean up crew. But front end jobs aren't available yet.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM

317 posts, read 833,734 times
Red face city center hiring process

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinexpress View Post
What position did you get hired for? CityCenter told everybody in writing during their interview that they won't be offering jobs until September. They might be hiring supervisors, porters, maids or clean up crew. But front end jobs aren't available yet.

Hello Calvinexpress,
I did go in today to take a drug test, and there was about fifty or more people with me, and some more coming in as I left. What I was told today that we were still candidates but a huge good step toward getting hired. Job offers will be made out in August/September. I applied for cocktail server, what did you apply for? I was also told that if your appication is still active that your in good standing, and if the position you applied for is still open for more applications you will have to wait for the department to close it and they will start calling people to take drug test. GOOD LUCK ok

Old 06-26-2009, 12:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
you are only allowed to apply for one position at a time.. i think thats' terrible.. start the whole process all over again... i think ill stick away from city center jobs..

Old 06-26-2009, 12:30 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
you are only allowed to apply for one position at a time.. i think thats' terrible.. start the whole process all over again... i think ill stick away from city center jobs..
my suggestion, if you can hold out, is the properties that are loosing people to city center.....they will need to fill their vacancies....

City Center will over hire by a certain percentage, because in the first 90 days they can fire 'at will' simply by saying 'failed to complete probation'. They hire heavy and then trim out the undesireables.

Old 06-26-2009, 02:56 PM

11 posts, read 56,325 times
I also got a call on 6/24 to take the pre-employment drug screening. I applied for the Apprentace Pool bartending position at the Aria.

This is what was told to me by the lady checking people in for the drug testing. She said "congrats to everyone for making it this far. Everyone taking the drug test is considered a finalist for the position they applied for. Also, check your email for updates on your application but some of you may recieve phone calls."

I also asked the lady if some applicants will be offered positions before september. she said that some people will be called and offered/start work sooner just depending on their department such as management.

So for those who are calling butterfly a liar or don't think she is telling the truth is wrong.

**edit**when I check my status online it still says OPEN as well as the position has been taken off of the list of open jobs

Last edited by Pezcore; 06-26-2009 at 03:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas