Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 11:52 PM

40 posts, read 78,786 times
I was always concerned that ST Residential would just dump their last couple of units so they could clean their slate, but as it turned out, their last couple of closings have shown a price appreciation---nothing huge but finally something positive---over the last 5-6 months, whenever any units do become available, their are offers on them within days---blockshopper has all the latest prices and even the closings with lower than expected prices were due to other conditions---things are looking up here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 09:10 AM

968 posts, read 2,062,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorjetfan View Post
I was always concerned that ST Residential would just dump their last couple of units so they could clean their slate, but as it turned out, their last couple of closings have shown a price appreciation---nothing huge but finally something positive---over the last 5-6 months, whenever any units do become available, their are offers on them within days---blockshopper has all the latest prices and even the closings with lower than expected prices were due to other conditions---things are looking up here

What "other conditions?"

Old 04-19-2011, 12:15 AM

the sales price on trustee and short sales wouldn't include unpaid HOA dues that have to be paid for the titles to be released---another example would be unpaid property taxes that have to be satisfied---so the sales price would actually be higher than what is listed

Old 04-19-2011, 08:50 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorjetfan View Post
the sales price on trustee and short sales wouldn't include unpaid HOA dues that have to be paid for the titles to be released---another example would be unpaid property taxes that have to be satisfied---so the sales price would actually be higher than what is listed
Trustee sales are a different breed. But shorts close like anything else. If they give you a title policy all should be covered.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:46 PM

i do stand corrected on the majority of short sales, but there have been a couple of instances here where extra money was needed to close, which would have been on the closing title statement, but wasn't included in the sales price

Old 05-10-2011, 07:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
jono - I think most of vegas is still overpriced- if you check my posts on Current Market you will see I support my arguments with plenty of data. PMI the biggest mortgage insurer says there is a 99% chance LV will decline into 2011. Jobs are being lost- less people are coming - I could go on and on. All of those lofts - have plenty of unsold units- the price will continue to decline. Downtown is still somewhat of a hard sell.
Ocean, I was reading this forum, and Just wanted to give you the props you deserve by calling the downturn, I myself knew it too! we are the few smart ones. in any case, Im looking to buying a condo in vegas now that things are priced good, I just wanted to know your thoughts of which one you suggest, as I dont know the market in vegas, I have many condos in the bay area, so any help would be great,I see your active on the forum..
do you do any investing, I've been super successful in the bay area. I have over 95 units.. thanks again! I can be reached at [EMAIL="sfclubber@gmail.com"]sfclubber@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 05-11-2011, 12:08 PM

The most recent data I received is that Newport Loft's closings for quarter ending 3/31/11 was $147/sf compared to $120/sf of the prior quarter (excluding penthouses). A bit of positive news.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:34 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
The most recent data I received is that Newport Loft's closings for quarter ending 3/31/11 was $147/sf compared to $120/sf of the prior quarter (excluding penthouses). A bit of positive news.
Been flat at $120 per SF since February of 2010. Almost all of the sales lie between 95 and 140 except a couple of outliers just outside that range.

There may be a slight upturn over the last six months but the data is too limited to be sure it is real. There has not been a sale over $140 this year.

Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Been flat at $120 per SF since February of 2010. Almost all of the sales lie between 95 and 140 except a couple of outliers just outside that range.

There may be a slight upturn over the last six months but the data is too limited to be sure it is real. There has not been a sale over $140 this year.
Hmm, you don't think a realtor soliciting clients would send false information?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,611 times
Hi, I am from NYC and I am thinking of relocating to Las Vegas. I know nothing about the real estate market there. I am looking at buildings like the Soho Lofts. Is this a good building? I plan on being a year round resident for years to come. Are the prices and fees reasonable and is the building in good fincial shape as compared to others in the area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas