Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:43 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkcm95 View Post
I rarely hear 'boom' cars and I live in Henderson. Just like the last poster, I had a loud system when I was younger. They seem to be around a lot less nowadays. Dont hear them enough to bother me.
Using sign language, I have also asked the certifiably Deaf if they've heard any boom cars lately, or any loud motorcycles. NOPE!

LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,582 times
I live in Nlv, you come over were i live, boom car every 5 minutes, im ready to kill !

Old 10-01-2009, 08:48 PM

307 posts, read 1,222,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Using sign language, I have also asked the certifiably Deaf if they've heard any boom cars lately, or any loud motorcycles. NOPE!

LOL!
I am deaf. I wear hearing aids and do feel "vibrations". I can "hear" the boom cars. They're annonying and awful. I believe they should BAN boom cars. I mean what's the point of having boom car???

Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Default They've all but been banned in other areas of the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD Hawaii View Post
I am deaf. I wear hearing aids and do feel "vibrations". I can "hear" the boom cars. They're annonying and awful. I believe they should BAN boom cars. I mean what's the point of having boom car???
I was recently in the Chicago Loop for 3 days, and in downtown Milwaukee.
Both cities have cracked down or eliminated these noise terrorists through heavy fines and impoundment of their vehicles. Mayor Bloomberg in NYC is not about to allow them into Manhattan either. Been there twice in the last year and never heard one once walking around Manhattan. Or Portland, Oregon with their stiff $1500 fines.

Yes, I work up in NLV along Cheyenne (Thunder Alley if you will) and at the facility I work with, even though it's set a half-block away from Cheyenne,
if one of the patients opens up a window, the noise will be heard that far away.

I do notice a lot less boom car noise in Las Vegas proper. I've been emailing Nevada legislators, clark county commissioners, sent noise packages to the police substations throughout the valley with some success.

All you can do, for the poster from NLV, is call 311 repeatedly, repeatedly, and annoy the crap out of them until something gets done. Get some license plate numbers on these vehicles, that always helps. If you're at an intersection and one is next to you, call 311 with their license number, if there's a patrol car in the vacinity, I was told, they'll try and find that vehicle and give them a ticket.

If all else fails, use your creativity and imagination. I do and it can be fun!
Vengeance is best served........creatively.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
Quote:
Anyone catch Today's article in Viewpoints: Cars Blaring Loud Music Create Anxiety For Some, by Steven Kalas, in Asking Human Matters?

According to county commissioners, booming stereos are the #1 complaint of Las Vegas residents.
WOW...If that is the #1 complaint I am speechless!!!

I am not attempting to minimize anyone's feelings on this subject and I agree it can be annoying I suppose (and yes I hear them all the time too) but the #1 complaint!!!

I think that is insane.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
I recently got 2 small subwoofers in the hatch of my car which hit pretty hard. I like to listen to them loud, but I keep the windows up so that I do not annoy anyone else. Other people with the big subwoofers with their windows down really annoy me too. Still, I do not think they should be illegal. I hope the people in this thread who want boom cars to be illegal do not do anything themselves that annoys other people.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM

307 posts, read 1,222,662 times
Quote:

All you can do, for the poster from NLV, is call 311 repeatedly, repeatedly, and annoy the crap out of them until something gets done. Get some license plate numbers on these vehicles, that always helps. If you're at an intersection and one is next to you, call 311 with their license number, if there's a patrol car in the vacinity, I was told, they'll try and find that vehicle and give them a ticket.

If all else fails, use your creativity and imagination. I do and it can be fun!
Vengeance is best served........creatively.
Since I am deaf, I can't call directly however I can call them via relay service. What's the direct number?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
I've been hearing a lot less boom cars lately here in Aliante. But the thing that has gotten louder is the pipes on the back of the cars. Farting cars it sounds like. Very loud. I would like to destroy them with a hand held missile launcher if it were legal to do so.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:49 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckboyz View Post
thats true....BUT !! have you herd a Harley start up at 5am... Booming cars with stereo's is heaven come paired to a Harley... ban that bikes first!!!
A bit different with Harleys. Since they can't be seen and are always being run into the noise is one way to be not only heard but in a way "seen"!

Old 10-02-2009, 05:49 PM

623 posts, read 1,816,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckboyz View Post
yepppp! just like police and ambulance sounds all day... las vegas is just a noisy city.

That may be true, but having a car pull up next to you blaring mexican polka music is annoying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas