Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 11:52 AM

124 posts, read 476,278 times

Advertisements

We're tearing up carpet and want laminate wood put down. Has anyone used a good flooring company that they'd recommend?
We had an estimate from Lowe's and it seems high (wood, labor costs etc).

Last edited by Summerlin; 08-01-2009 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Has anyone used Atlas Flooring on Decatur?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
You could probably beat Lowe's price by hiring an out of work floor guy, but if you go with Lowes and have any problems, they would take care of it.

Old 08-03-2009, 02:22 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,666,242 times
I had tile installed by Lowes and I will NEVER have their flooring subcontrators set foot in my house again! They tracked grout all over my existing flooring which they didn't clean up, used one of my mugs (straight out off the mug tree) to mix mastic, made a mess in my front yard AND left my front door unlocked when they took off rather than call me. When I called the subcontrating company to complain the very snotty woman said it must have all been a communication error which is untrue because I had a spanish speaking person from my work ask them to call me 15 min before they were done so I could come home before they left. Also tile in my kitchen is not level in places due to improper flooring prep. They did do a nice job in the bathrooms though.

I had cork flooring installed by the flooring place on W Lake Mead Blvd between Tenaya and Buffalo.
I can't remember the name of it but it is in the same strip mall as Micheals. They did such an AWESOME job I had them back a few months later to tile my upstairs bath and laundry. Once again AWESOME job with no drama or surprises.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
I had tile installed by Lowes and I will NEVER have their flooring subcontrators set foot in my house again! They tracked grout all over my existing flooring which they didn't clean up, used one of my mugs (straight out off the mug tree) to mix mastic, made a mess in my front yard AND left my front door unlocked when they took off rather than call me. When I called the subcontrating company to complain the very snotty woman said it must have all been a communication error which is untrue because I had a spanish speaking person from my work ask them to call me 15 min before they were done so I could come home before they left. Also tile in my kitchen is not level in places due to improper flooring prep. They did do a nice job in the bathrooms though.

I had cork flooring installed by the flooring place on W Lake Mead Blvd between Tenaya and Buffalo.
I can't remember the name of it but it is in the same strip mall as Micheals. They did such an AWESOME job I had them back a few months later to tile my upstairs bath and laundry. Once again AWESOME job with no drama or surprises.
Thanks I'll go by and check them out.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:20 AM

75 posts, read 95,107 times
Good thread. Lowe's is a ripoff for floor covering. Too many middle men, too hard to figure out responsibility. They pad the size, there are add-onns, etc.. It's hard enough to get your appliances delivered from them in an orderly fashion.

I know hte place your talking about on LM, near Michael's. I was in there recently, and their prices seem reasonable, and they were versed on FHA guidelines. I am leaning toward's using them, and will keep u'all informed, and Summerlin do the same.

I think with the floor covering, ask how much per square foot bottom line. If it sounds reasonable, invite them over for a written estimate.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:51 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
I have a guy who is a fantastic tile setter but don't know if he does wood. Doesn't that take more of a carpenter type?

Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 PM

75 posts, read 95,107 times
I had two different men over today to give me estimates from Cloud Carpet One in the Michael's shopping area of Lake Mead/Buffalo, and Carpet Liquidators, which is even closer to Buffalo. Estimates will come tomorrow. They both were on time, have a professional attitude, and seem to offer an excellent warranty. I think either one will be good, and I may even toss a coin. I'll keep you posted.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:54 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoenchina View Post
Good thread. Lowe's is a ripoff for floor covering. Too many middle men, too hard to figure out responsibility. They pad the size, there are add-onns, etc.. It's hard enough to get your appliances delivered from them in an orderly fashion.

I know hte place your talking about on LM, near Michael's. I was in there recently, and their prices seem reasonable, and they were versed on FHA guidelines. I am leaning toward's using them, and will keep u'all informed, and Summerlin do the same.

I think with the floor covering, ask how much per square foot bottom line. If it sounds reasonable, invite them over for a written estimate.
Ive never used lowes for carpeting or floor, but all my appliances came from them (no problems whatsoever).. the only issue i had was i bought a gas grill (charbroil) from them 18 days ago ($499).. it died yesterday.. the igniter went caput.. tomorrow they are picking up the grill and replacing with a blue ember (had one in cleveland, no problem after 5yrs) at the same price..(sticker on blue ember is $799)... I love lowes, much better than home depot...

Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 PM

395 posts, read 1,080,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I have a guy who is a fantastic tile setter but don't know if he does wood. Doesn't that take more of a carpenter type?
We have a guy as well. WE are in the process of refacing the tile on our fireplace and putting new laminate floors in. If you take out the carpet and baseboards youself he will do it the install for a buck a SF (and take away the carpet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas