U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2006, 03:22 PM

25 posts, read 91,617 times

Advertisements

Hello:

What's the best area for renting an apartment..??

Planning to move from Houston to LV in aprox. 6 months is just me and wife but will need extra space for the Family visits (very often specially the in-laws).

I own a house here but with the high price of Real State in LV I do not think I can afford one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2006, 08:25 PM

27 posts, read 174,971 times
I would contact the Chamber of Commerce to see if they can send you the Apartment Guide. So many apartments have been converted to condos in the last couple of years. I would also check, once you find an apartment, to see if they are planning a conversion. I know several people who were told they had to vacate when their lease was up or try to qualify for a loan to purchase their apartment because it was being turned into a condo. Generally speaking though, decent areas tend to be southwest, northwest, Summerlin, Green Valley and Henderson. One thing to consider is we have no rent control here. So, even if you find a decent apartment, once your lease is up, they can raise your rent however high they want to. It's not like other areas where there is a maximum amount allowed. With that said, it would be beneficial to sign the longest term lease available so that your rent can't be raised within that time frame.

Old 07-18-2006, 02:04 PM

25 posts, read 91,617 times
Melnper: Thanks for the heads-up regarding the apartment lease...!! Very good point.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:25 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,290,134 times
Stick to the Summerlin or Green Valley area. Stay clear of North Las Vegas and the NE and then the SE. Those are not good areas. Summerlin and Green Valley are nice.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:54 PM
KJG

24 posts, read 100,037 times
STAY CLEAR OF NORTH VEGAS. THAT IS ONE THING I DO KNOW. CALL THE METRO POLICE ASK THEM FOR INFO ABOUT CRIME AND ETC. There is a reason why they call it SIN City!!!

Much Peace

Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM

15,756 posts, read 34,664,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
Hello:

What's the best area for renting an apartment..??

Planning to move from Houston to LV in aprox. 6 months is just me and wife but will need extra space for the Family visits (very often specially the in-laws).

I own a house here but with the high price of Real State in LV I do not think I can afford one.
There are a number of apartment guides available on the net. Google Vegas Apartments.

I also suggest you consider renting a condo. Generally better properties and the rents overlap the apartments. Except at the very bottom you do better with a condo.. Note also that you can rent small homes for less than the mortgage payments on buying one. Start at around $900 in nice areas.

As a general rule nice areas are outside the 215 or within a few miles of it. North Los Vegas is very nice north of Craig Road and generally a very good buy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or