U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-12-2009, 09:05 PM
 
27 posts, read 68,487 times
Reputation: 11

Advertisements

With all this negativity about Vegas I need some positive thoughts! I am moving there in three months!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
 
106 posts, read 210,709 times
Reputation: 46
Default Stay away from Vegas!!!!!

Why in the world would you move here where this town is going through a recession/depression. There are no jobs here!!!! I have lost my job and have relocated to another state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
 
1,365 posts, read 4,236,781 times
Reputation: 453
Vegas has beautiful weather, especially if you have a pool! Jobs are tough, depends on what your are doing. If you already have a job, you are good to go!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
328 posts, read 678,702 times
Reputation: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingtoLV View Post
With all this negativity about Vegas I need some positive thoughts! I am moving there in three months!
Where are you coming from?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
 
1,966 posts, read 4,102,498 times
Reputation: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGBULLY View Post
Vegas has beautiful weather, especially if you have a pool! Jobs are tough, depends on what your are doing. If you already have a job, you are good to go!
I concur, aside from 2 months (July and August) the weather is fabulous.

As he correctly stated, if you have a job lined up then you will be good to go; otherwise, you should have at least 9-12 months of living expenses saved up because as others have also correctly stated, the job market is very tight. Not saying it is impossible to get a job; however, there are about a minimum of 100 applicants for every 1 open position right now in Vegas.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 PM
 
Location: Las vegas
34 posts, read 125,368 times
Reputation: 15
It's not California. Just kidding.. sort of..

there is tons of entertainment here!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
 
1,365 posts, read 4,236,781 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
I concur, aside from 2 months (July and August) the weather is fabulous.

As he correctly stated, if you have a job lined up then you will be good to go; otherwise, you should have at least 9-12 months of living expenses saved up because as others have also correctly stated, the job market is very tight. Not saying it is impossible to get a job; however, there are about a minimum of 100 applicants for every 1 open position right now in Vegas.

Hey, SHE! LOL, i personally love July and August too, my pool has been a very nice 85.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Sitting on a park bench...
2,753 posts, read 6,291,674 times
Reputation: 740
I'll go along with the OP's request, and post a reason.

Lots of great dog parks here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 12:13 AM
 
1,365 posts, read 4,236,781 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I'll go along with the OP's request, and post a reason.

Lots of great dog parks here.
Lots of great Parks, period! IMO
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2009, 12:23 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
53 posts, read 232,709 times
Reputation: 51
In general a very clean city, speaking in terms of the residential neighborhoods.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top