Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 09:22 AM

3,728 posts, read 9,470,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Course is still closed MomMom. I played it 4 years ago as a tourist and it was in terrible shape, not surprised at all by it's demise. Can't say what has happened to the clubhouse.

OP, there are plenty of homes available in Aliante which is a good area, close to 215 with several new shopping centers within a 5 minute drive. Aliante Station is literally right down the road with very good restaurants and has a fireworks display on July 4.
Thanks for the update Golfinnova..I kinda thought it was still closed and more than likely, the clubhouse is as well.

Boy, that was shocker at the time, there was no advanced notice whatsoever before it closed down. In fact, I remember hearing stories of people showing up to tee off and finding out THEN, that the course was closed...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2010, 09:15 AM

2 posts, read 6,960 times
Default Stallion Mt. / Solera

The golf course is closed to play. The bank is required to keep the place up. They have done very well. My back yard is the 7th fairway. Don't be confused about the club house. Solera community has it's own resident club house with plenty of emenities. The golf course club house is not open. You drive through the golf course drive to get to Solera, age restricted. The other 4 communities in Stallion Mt. have plenty of resale homes. The Pulte built homes are very energy efficient. Please visit the area. Also check out the other areas around 3 to 5 pm to get a feel for the amount of traffic. After being a 25 year resident I like it here at Stallion Mt.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,078 times
I love it here in Stallion Mountain. We have been here for two years now. In regards to the smells from the water reclamation I have not noticed it at all and live on the course. It is a very safe and well secured community that I would highly recommend to anyone including families. Often people are walking, jogging or riding their bikes, there is a sense of community and involvement.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:18 PM

7 posts, read 17,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvkewlkid View Post
The Albertsons in that area is much nicer than the one near my house in Green Valley...The shops are fine, Summerlin doesn't have a Mervyns but Nellis does...There's plenty of stores in that area and its plenty close to both malls...IMO, its a great location for shops and restaurants...and fast food along Boulder...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdhouse View Post
Bob is dead on here. I currently live right next to Frenchman Mountain (east side of town, south of Sunrise Mountain) and it's a nice area. Unfortunately, you do have to go through a little bit of a "not up to scale area" to get here. Plus, over the many years low income areas increased the "running down" the extreme east. The extreme east part of Las Vegas is actually very nice with large homes, great views and lots of space, but again not up to the luxurious standards of Green Valley or Summerlin.
I have lived in Summerlin, yes I loved it...very exspensive though. I have been a charter member at Stallion and was really dissapointed when it closed. But, I do know that it was just recently bought and can only hope that they eep it as a golf course and not develop it further. As for the smell? It never had bothered me in the least or my kids and husband...however, maybe Im not the best one to comment on that...since I was raised on a dairy farm...tee hee hee.
But, keep your fingers crossed for us 'ol members that they eep it a course and honor it's old members...

Old 11-06-2010, 10:23 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougAita View Post
Thanks for the comments. Golf is one of the major reasons for this move. I live in Montana now (24 years) and it is wonderful in the summer, but the winters seem to last too long. Or maybe I'm just getting older.

I know about the water treatment. We didn't smell anything in the two days we were there, but it is a concern. So I appreciate the honest feedback.

We looked at Green Valley, and Anthem, both seemed higher priced. And Anthem is quite far as is Aliante. I have heard Summerlin is also expensive.

The combination of low cost and proximity to the strip is what attracted us to Stallion Mountain. Any other golf communities with that combination??

Thanks again.

Doug
There are still brand new homes for sale in Stallion Mtn and the prices compete with the resales, and the builder will pay closing costs and everything is new so the airconditioners and furnaces and the appliances are new and under warranty.

Depending on the size of homes they have new homes prices at $141,900 for the smallest homes.
Up to $197,137 for the largest these were quick move in homes. The prices can go higher if you upgrade allot. One thing about some of the other sun cities they aren't guard gated and that maybe something you would like especially when you want to leave for a while to travel.

Old 11-06-2010, 10:46 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Why are we re-responding to 2007 threads?

Siena is guard gated. Sun City Anthem has a gated neighborhood.

In general the Sun City neighborhoods are safer than gated neighborhoods elsewhere.

Old 02-18-2022, 05:05 PM

18 posts, read 10,316 times
I realize this is old thread but rather than start new Ill continue it. We too are looking at Solera at Stallion Ranch. We have looked at several properties at different times of day. We noticed a smell one evening, it was faint in fact I didn’t notice until it was brought up. We like the 55 plus community and that is where we are looking. I’m a bit concerned on crime because of the location, other than that it looks like a very nice community.

Old 02-18-2022, 08:08 PM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamredbird View Post
I realize this is old thread but rather than start new Ill continue it. ...
That's the correct thing to do. Thank you.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas