Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2009, 06:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
Yet, you seek none of the particulars in any of the situations before dispensing your stock advice to take advantage of the system in order to maximize the free ride. You say virtually every situation is unique, yet your advice is always the same; bilk the system.
More nonsense. I am an agent in this context of the seller. I am paid to take every legal advantage of the system. And it would be unethical for me to do otherwise. I recommend that one who is going to walk first try a loan mod. Works seldom as the lenders generally won't do principal. But try it. Then you go for a short. I get paid only if I can pull the short off. It is in the best interest of the seller to keep trying to sale until foreclosure occurs.

Quote:
GailMI explained she was under no financial duress at all. She was concerned with what her situation may be in 15-20 years from now. Does your advice change? Of course not - take a free ride for months on end and ask for key money. More likely, I demonstrate that your intent is not to comply with any mortgage or statute. Your intent is to maximize the free ride.
Gail is under tremendous pressure and only the extreme bias of your view keeps you from seeing it. If Gail was 35 a different answer or at least not the pressure for an immediate solution. The odds are very strong that Gail will end up having to walk in the end. I don't think she should even settle for a low interest loan that she can afford. She is too far along to be able to forsee recovery before she is forced to move.

So I will remain an ethical agent and ignore your thumping to screw my clients.

You really might consider a course in ethics at one of the local colleges. You certainly don't understand the subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,755 times
Quote:
Of course your skeptical, because it goes contrary to your advice to hunker down and take advantage of the free ride. The fact that someone might recognize that they have defaulted on a contract and conclude the right thing to do is relinquish the home without squatting, or resorting to extortion, is completely foreign to you.
It's completely foreign and alien to me. Bilk and screw the system for all it's worth. That's my advice. Well connected military contractors have bilked tax payers of BILLIONS. Why don't you go wag your sanctimonious finger at them? Billionaire banksters concocted CDS, derivatives and other legalized Ponzi schemes that have cost the economy TRILLIONS and have forced countless into the streets. Why don't you go wag your self righteous finger at them instead of their victims? It's ok for billionaires to suck at the public tit while exporting jobs and wreaking economic havoc but the gallows for those trying to scrape by? There's a true right wing F#X "News" corporate wh@re philosophy.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
More nonsense. I am an agent in this context of the seller. I am paid to take every legal advantage of the system. And it would be unethical for me to do otherwise. I recommend that one who is going to walk first try a loan mod. Works seldom as the lenders generally won't do principal. But try it. Then you go for a short. I get paid only if I can pull the short off. It is in the best interest of the seller to keep trying to sale until foreclosure occurs.
More red herring nonsense as you represent none of the people who you've advised to bilk the system. Further, your advice to maximize the duration of the free ride by taking advantage of the system and then asking for key money, is after the short sale alternative has failed. You try to rationalize your advice to bilk the system as some agent-client obligation, when nothing even resembling such a relationship exists. You're desperately grasping for straws.
Quote:
Gail is under tremendous pressure and only the extreme bias of your view keeps you from seeing it. If Gail was 35 a different answer or at least not the pressure for an immediate solution. The odds are very strong that Gail will end up having to walk in the end. I don't think she should even settle for a low interest loan that she can afford. She is too far along to be able to forsee recovery before she is forced to move.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Gail indicated no financial duress whatsoever before you delivered your advice to bilk the system. Her concern was the possibility of being underwater 10-15 years down the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailMI
My mortgage payment is actually $893 right now plus $158 in HOA fees. I figure I'd pay that much in rent, so AS I SAID, I am staying. Plus my payment should go down a little when they adjust for lowering property tax. HOWEVER, I am saying that 10 or 15 years down the road, if my situation changes, if this place has turned totally slum-like, if I feel that I need to be in a different environment, and I feel that I want/need to move, I refuse to feel that I have to spend the rest of my life here just because the market completed it's tank 4 months after I bought.
She discloses her monthly expenses would be the same if she was to rent. She also expected her current payment would be going lower when her property taxes were adjusted. Where's the duress? There is none. In fact, her original intent as stated was to stay, until receiving your canned speech to bilk the system. It doesn't matter if they're your clients or not, if they're under financial duress or not, your advice to bilk remains the same. And why shouldn't it, that's your intent.
Quote:
So I will remain an ethical agent and ignore your thumping to screw my clients.

You really might consider a course in ethics at one of the local colleges. You certainly don't understand the subject.
I highly doubt I'm going to learn anything in an ethics course about maximizing the time I can freeload and committing extortion. Unless of course the curriculum was developed by used car salesmen, defense attorneys, and a certain Vegas realtor.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:12 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,770,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
See people. This is what happens when you buy a house you CAN NOT afford. So Wake up America!!

If you have the money (saved) (in cash..whatever), and a locked in job.
Having a house that costs say 15000.00 and you make 50,000/yr does not make the payments any easier on 0.00/income.

Make that same statement to Delta Airlines and all the 1000's of major companies that have filed bankruptcy over the yrs and curently going thru hard times. Oh I suppose that is differerent right. Corporate America is always right and dumbarse workers are lazy bums that spend more than they make.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
It's completely foreign and alien to me. Bilk and screw the system for all it's worth. That's my advice. Well connected military contractors have bilked tax payers of BILLIONS. Why don't you go wag your sanctimonious finger at them? Billionaire banksters concocted CDS, derivatives and other legalized Ponzi schemes that have cost the economy TRILLIONS and have forced countless into the streets. Why don't you go wag your self righteous finger at them instead of their victims? It's ok for billionaires to suck at the public tit while exporting jobs and wreaking economic havoc but the gallows for those trying to scrape by? There's a true right wing F#X "News" corporate wh@re philosophy.
GMAFB. You sound like a hysterical Berkeley undergrad.

"Yay, stick it to the man!!" There, that better?

Old 09-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
How can you consider this as a "best option"? No, it`s wrong to provoke a situation which will only harm you and others at the end. It would destroy your credibility with future lendors, put you in a position of not being trustworthy, thus ruining your chances to negotiate any solution with them at all.

Don`t be mislead! Go to your Bank now and talk with them. They are not your enemy and will surely try to find a solution together with you BEFORE the worst sets in.
Not paying your mortgage with intent is a criminal act toward imposing damage onto others.
I begged over the phone when my job ended due to employer making to much money and wanted to make more by eliminating my job, capitalism is great for some and not others.

But anyway bank would not budge. I tried to pay half payments or 3/4 payments or whatever and they would not budge. I had an adjustable rate that I did not read fine print and signed and tried to get fixed rate bu they would not budge. I had 35000 saved and offwered part to them and my other commitments and they would not budge.

I stayed in house for 1 yr and djd not make payments and paid what I could and paid less to others who would budge so alot got paid most of what was owed.

Then I filed bankruptcy and house was sold for a 80,000.00 loss and I moved on. Guess their not budging must have budged. As far as credit ruined is bull, I am qualified for new home now on disability but have paid cash for small property and trailer and try not to deal with banks at all.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,208,368 times
Quote:
More red herring nonsense as you represent none of the people who you've advised to bilk the system. Further, your advice to maximize the duration of the free ride by taking advantage of the system and then asking for key money, is after the short sale alternative has failed. You try to rationalize your advice to bilk the system as some agent-client obligation, when nothing even resembling such a relationship exists. You're desperately grasping for straws.
You have no idea who I represent and it is none of your business. And I have represented or counseled many people in this predicament. And mostly I don't recommend they use my services. And I have counseled more than a few to ride it out...because, in their particular position it was the reational thing to do.

The advice I give is that of a very knowledgable RE Agent who deals with this stuff day in and day out. And yes I would absolutely tell a client to go for key money if it was avaliable. It is not...as you have now been told three or four times. That you cannot observe such a simple message testifies to the strenght of the bias in your thinking.

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Gail indicated no financial duress whatsoever before you delivered your advice to bilk the system. Her concern was the possibility of being underwater 10-15 years down the road. She discloses her monthly expenses would be the same if she was to rent. She also expected her current payment would be going lower when her property taxes were adjusted. Where's the duress? There is none. In fact, her original intent as stated was to stay, until receiving your canned speech to bilk the system. It doesn't matter if they're your clients or not, if they're under financial duress or not, your advice to bilk remains the same. And why shouldn't it, that's your intent.I highly doubt I'm going to learn anything in an ethics course about maximizing the time I can freeload and committing extortion. Unless of course the curriculum was developed by used car salesmen, defense attorneys, and a certain Vegas realtor.

And only a fundamentalist bigot could hold your position. You are either not very bright or actually malevolent...I know not which. But those who listen to the bilge you spill are going to sadly rue the day.

You simply are unable to understand the discussion Tony. Goes right past you.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
So here you have an individual experience, o.k.!
However it remains a fact, that it is a walk between right n`wrong. Having an individual experience based on doing wrong, isn`t something one should encourage others to do.
Imagine being in this persons situation with two small kids and a wife to feed and care for, with no security due to loss of his job soon. This man is obviously desperate for a helpful hand toward getting his problem managed to a certain extent.
It`s not wise and surely not helpful to advise him to do something wrong in the first place.

It should be common sense to say; "BEING HONEST IS THE GUIDELINE THROUGH LIFE" and not just because someone had success in doing wrong, that this is the road to take. It`s NOT the road to take and only makes things worse in the end.

Using common sense and good honest advice would surely be appreciated.
I used common sense in voting for a responsible president and got stuck with a bad one. Boy I feel warm and fuzzy that I am honest and used common sense all the way to communism.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
You have no idea who I represent and it is none of your business. And I have represented or counseled many people in this predicament. And mostly I don't recommend they use my services. And I have counseled more than a few to ride it out...because, in their particular position it was the reational thing to do.
I know that you have not represented any of the people in this thread before dispensing your canned speech to bilk the system. Beyond that, I care very little about the little bit of business you do.
Quote:
The advice I give is that of a very knowledgable RE Agent who deals with this stuff day in and day out. And yes I would absolutely tell a client to go for key money if it was avaliable. It is not...as you have now been told three or four times. That you cannot observe such a simple message testifies to the strenght of the bias in your thinking.
I have conceded on several occasions that when it came to bilking the system, that you were the go to man. I make no apologies for not having the expertise you claim to have in bilking the system. I say claim to have, because while admonishing me for not knowing that key money is unavailable to homeowners, you advised two homeowners in this same thread to seek key money. You seem a little confused. I mean more so than usual.
Quote:
And only a fundamentalist bigot could hold your position. You are either not very bright or actually malevolent...I know not which. But those who listen to the bilge you spill are going to sadly rue the day.

You simply are unable to understand the discussion Tony. Goes right past you.
And only a scheister would try and cloak their canned advice to bilk the system as an agent-client obligation, when nothing close to such exists. At least geos is up front and straight about it; bilk and screw the system for all it's worth. Why not man up like geos and admit that your intent too, is to bilk and screw the system for all its worth?

Old 09-26-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i love some of the people on this board.. you are upset that you didn't get the response that YOU wanted to hear...so screw everybody... to each his own, but what comes around goes around...at you age remember, when you start dinging your credit with the mortgage, you will lose your other credit cards and the rates will skyrocket

God forbid she will lose her credit cards. The world will come to an end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas