Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:41 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,982,887 times

Advertisements

At 2:15, i left to go to Rainbow rock.. Noticed a car on the side of the road pulled over by police
At 3:15, police searching car, 2 young kids (16-18 ish talking to cops)
At 4:15, 2 police cars, kids on sidewalk in handcuffs
At 5:15, 1 police car, 1 tow truck, kids on sidewalk
At 6:15, 1 police car, kids in back, tow truck gone, car is still there....

How long does it take to arrest someone around here.. In cleveland, 30 minutes and its done.... sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 08:29 PM

623 posts, read 1,816,851 times
Well they have to run the names through various databases (NCIC and alike) to get the pedigree, call the wrecker, fill out paperwork and arrest sheet, and finally determine if there is a paddywagon around or if they need to bring them downtown themselves

Old 09-04-2009, 08:30 PM

but 4hrs?? what if there is another call? i say just shoot'em.. just kidding

Old 09-04-2009, 08:36 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,663,267 times
I saw five or six cars pulled over to arrest one guy at around 12:45am on East Charleston.

Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,343,096 times
Yeah, I worked with an ex cop from Cleveland and heard all about policework there. If I have to drive 200 miles out of my way I'll avoid Cleveland.

We don't know what was going on with that situation. Maybe they were holding them for their parents to come and pick up and didn't want to throw them in with murdrerers and rapists at the jail.

But hey, it's the wild west. Haven't you ever seen a western movie where they give the guy until sundown to get outta town?

Orrrrr, maybe they were giving them a sporting chance to run so they could shoot them in the back like some no good hornswogglers.

Old 09-05-2009, 03:30 AM

7 posts, read 11,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
At 2:15, i left to go to Rainbow rock.. Noticed a car on the side of the road pulled over by police
At 3:15, police searching car, 2 young kids (16-18 ish talking to cops)
At 4:15, 2 police cars, kids on sidewalk in handcuffs
At 5:15, 1 police car, 1 tow truck, kids on sidewalk
At 6:15, 1 police car, kids in back, tow truck gone, car is still there....

How long does it take to arrest someone around here.. In cleveland, 30 minutes and its done.... sheesh!
One things for sure it doesn't take 4hr for the police to arrest anybody around here, you may of had to many drinks saying something like or you were dreaming, because nothing comes to a sleeper but
a dream. Try this and then you can answer that question for yourself. The next you see that go over
there and say (you've had these kids out here to long and time it, then when you get back home send me the answer. Don't down talk Metro. They turly will get your mind right talking like that.

Last edited by James Anthony Harper; 09-05-2009 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: miss spelled: (your) Sorry!

Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 AM

7 posts, read 11,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualung8705 View Post
I saw five or six cars pulled over to arrest one guy at around 12:45am on East Charleston.
They're just making sure he's not a pro fighter or a Kung fu expert ,cause that would really be a cite to see. that was the way I was always treated when I choose to break the law. They are going to make sure that whoever they pull over is not going escape or win in a phycial confrontation. There's
always a reason when you see something out of the NORM. It's a lot of crazy people comming here from all over the world and our police deptment do a great job here our beautiful city Vegas.

Old 09-05-2009, 06:54 AM

418 posts, read 1,348,831 times
Perhaps this is a kind of intervention tactic.
If they are as young as described .. it may be to discourage the behavior that had them pulled over.
It is possible that they were not "arrested" but detained .. then the parents were called when they got to the station.
A kind of scared straight tactic .. ???

Old 09-05-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Anthony Harper View Post
One things for sure it doesn't take 4hr for the police to arrest anybody around here, you may of had to many drinks saying something like or you were dreaming, because nothing comes to a sleeper but
a dream. Try this and then you can answer that question for yourself. The next you see that go over
there and say (you've had these kids out here to long and time it, then when you get back home send me the answer. Don't down talk Metro. They turly will get your mind right talking like that.
what are you? an idiot? it was down the street! and i don't drink! like the other posters said.. you may want to think before you put your foot in your mouth by posting.

Old 09-05-2009, 05:06 PM

691 posts, read 2,328,478 times
I love Vegas...ha ha...once, I was at Sonic on Charleston with my kids, in the drive up. There was a drunk guy there, shouting, crazy, peed on the place, I wanted to drive away, but we were "stuck". I called 911, told them about it, and they are like, so...what is the problem? Okay.

Another time, called the police because these guys were parked on our driveway on Hollywood for like an hour, that seemed sort of scary to me, so I called 911, again, and they are like, "so, what is the problem? They doing anything?" Okay.

Maybe it is not the police, but 911, scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: