Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:25 AM

762 posts, read 1,561,544 times

Advertisements

I bought a home for less than that in the 89107 zip. It is quiet and no problems at all. the zip is in the orange zone
I will not say how much I am putting into the home to make it nice LOL
but it was liveable when I bought it.
Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
To be redone by the end of the year.

Crime in Las Vegas

Still gives a reasonable view. Stay in the green or yellow unless you know the local area...
That map's pretty right on. I live in the 89128 zip code near Buffalo & Lake Mead, and the area is pristine as far as houses and townhomes. The apartments are even pretty great as long as you don't mind a few young neighbors partying at odd hours (nothing serious like kegs or drugs, though, and mostly foreigners or college students in that demographic).

I work in NLV near I-15 and Cheyenne, and my commute every day reveals neighborhoods along the way and at my destination that may be best avoided at night. Airics gives sound advice for a general border to heed, and in this real estate market your $80K may actually stand a chance at one of the nicer neighborhoods like Aliante, Centennial Hills, and maybe even some of the eastern portions of Summerlin.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:47 AM

255 posts, read 556,772 times
I got one in 89081 for $90000 that needed about $5000 in repairs.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 AM

1,067 posts, read 2,978,187 times
Should also qualify my Summerlin mention above by noting that pretty much everything there is a member of an HOA. If those bug you, stay out of Summerlin. I don't know anyone in Aliante, but it seems like an area with lots of HOAs, too. Just sort of that vibe, if you will...

Old 09-09-2009, 12:22 PM

1,631 posts, read 3,950,349 times
Summerlin would be an expensive area, There is allot of nice properties in the New Las Vegas area, and when your looking there make sure that the HOA is pro-active . I have found allot of police officers and fireman to live in those area's. I had a client that purchased a really nice home in
89081 for $85,000 it had a large unfinished yard and she went and met the neighbors and really likes it.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:15 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Crime in Las Vegas

Still gives a reasonable view. Stay in the green or yellow unless you know the local area...
Nice work. Zip codes are pretty large granularity. Queensridge, Canyon Gate, and Lake Estates are all in the yellow, but I would think they are as safe as any neighborhood in Las Vegas (unless your neighbor is a rap artist or celebrity with a firearm and anger management issues).

Old 09-09-2009, 07:31 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
Should also qualify my Summerlin mention above by noting that pretty much everything there is a member of an HOA. If those bug you, stay out of Summerlin. I don't know anyone in Aliante, but it seems like an area with lots of HOAs, too. Just sort of that vibe, if you will...
I'm in Aliante, so you know me now. And yes, we have a HOA here as in all master planned communities. Some say the board is strict, but it keeps things neat and clean and keeps most of the riffraff away.
I just live my life, and don't get involved in the politics of it all. So far so good.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Nice work. Zip codes are pretty large granularity. Queensridge, Canyon Gate, and Lake Estates are all in the yellow, but I would think they are as safe as any neighborhood in Las Vegas (unless your neighbor is a rap artist or celebrity with a firearm and anger management issues).
They are not neccessarily safe in the zipcode sense. You don't get to spend all your time in the gated haven. Sometimes you need to go to the store or the drycleaners or such. In fact the arterials probably have more to do with crime than the actual negihborhoods.

Mostly crime is driven by populaton density and occurs mostly on the areterial.

Neat chart in yesterdays Sun which showed the differentianton by area. I would be willing to bet that the correlation of people per square meter and crime are very close.

I am going to steal the Sun data and see if I can do anything with it. Has the standard problem of not woring in Henderson and NLV...

Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Neat chart in yesterdays Sun which showed the differentianton by area. I would be willing to bet that the correlation of people per square meter and crime are very close.
Seems like low income equals high population density and high crime. I would expect less crime in an area with high population density but without the low income.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,114 times
I moved here from arizona and moved into North Las vegas near Centennial and Commerce. I love this little area. It's up and coming with tons of shopping/gyms/grocery stores etc. I agree with someone who mentioned earlier you have to go past Craig and stay west of I-15. after you hit Loose and go east.. not so good. (Even the cop that pulled me over for out of state plates told me to stay away form that area)
Aliante is really nice too.
The north side isn't so bad. But I find myself always saying "Im north of the ghetto north vegas".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas