Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times

Advertisements

They are setting the price wherever...I have seen pricing from 25% over market to 20% under in the last few weeks. Note that in August the REOs were selling at 104% of list.

The most amazing thing is they offer a property at $75K no takers. Come down to 69K list and it sells for $76K. Market exuberance or something.

A client has lost two bids on $400K REOs when bidding more than $50K over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 12:10 PM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
Mr Taylor, if you are buying property for investment purposes then you need to buy in areas that you know, else you are taking too much of a risk.

Anyway, Vegas hasn't seen the worst of their downturn - that would be one of the last places where I buy property.

Old 09-12-2009, 01:53 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Plain Jane, are you from the UK? Reason I ask, and it's only my point of view, is why would Las Vegas be one of the last places you would buy? But everyone buys for different reasons. I personally hope that all these people buying for investments or to rent out and make money each month lose thier shirt. But I'm a little old school. Buy a house that you can afford and use it for what it is intended...a place to call home.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:22 PM

968 posts, read 2,062,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
I personally hope that all these people buying for investments or to rent out and make money each month lose thier shirt.

these people are helping support a bottom.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:08 PM

296 posts, read 803,009 times
Actually, I agree with you Mr/Miss gulfer. I hate seeing any homes being bought up by investors and then rented out. Often the investors don't even know the area and do not care what is going on as long as they get the rent each month.

Even worse are the people who buy 2nd homes as a holiday home and then occupy it only on the weekends or a couple of weeks a year. That has devastated many lovely towns and villages. When the English starting buying property for this purpose in Wales, some found their homes burnt down by the locals.

But the reason I would not buy in Vegas is because I don't particularly like the desert, I hate the consequences of gambling and the complete waste of energy in maintaining the Strip.

Cheers.

Old 09-12-2009, 04:19 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,995,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane 3953 View Post

But the reason I would not buy in Vegas is because I don't particularly like the desert, I hate the consequences of gambling and the complete waste of energy in maintaining the Strip.

Cheers.
so you come on this site and bash the city.. 1. u don't live here 2. u don't know the area 3. and on this post, it is all your opinions.. we dont care what you in particular dislike... stay in the uk troll! by the way, where can you leave in london reasonably.. ? you can't ..

in a month, you will want to invest here..

Old 09-12-2009, 05:46 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane 3953 View Post
Often the investors don't even know the area and do not care what is going on as long as they get the rent each month.

Cheers.
Kinda like the UK trolls that visit this site just because they learned to spell Las Vegas.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:02 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,463,477 times
Hmmm...no Desert, No Gambling, and a waste of energy. Okay, well at least we see your point of view. But as Airics so elegantly put it, I wonder why you would post here. I've been to England 4 times. Actually spent 22 straight days there and it rained 21 of those 22. I love the heat, the sun, the dry, etc...
Good luck to you though, we just want different things. And that's okay

Old 09-12-2009, 06:47 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,204,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfer View Post
Hmmm...no Desert, No Gambling, and a waste of energy. Okay, well at least we see your point of view. But as Airics so elegantly put it, I wonder why you would post here. I've been to England 4 times. Actually spent 22 straight days there and it rained 21 of those 22. I love the heat, the sun, the dry, etc...
Good luck to you though, we just want different things. And that's okay
That is how you tell an English person. Look for the mold growing in their northern Armpit...

Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 PM

110 posts, read 235,333 times
....and they ran so fast the hounds could`nt catch em`, on down the Mississipi to the Gulf of Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas