Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 06:38 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
I Soooooo that being said...if you're single, 35-41, can string a sentence together, don't live with your mom and have a job.... CALL ME! LMAO <kidding... kinda... lol>
so picky!

Old 05-01-2011, 04:09 AM

78 posts, read 118,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingon2vegas View Post
I didn't read the entire thread because I don't want to get even more depressed about the dating situation in Vegas. I've been here 3 years and have yet to find (or be found) by a great guy.
Seriously... I've been on a few dates but nothing has come of it. Guys here seem to be SUPER flakey. All the people I've met tell me I should've brought a guy with me from back home! lol

Soooooo that being said...if you're single, 35-41, can string a sentence together, don't live with your mom and have a job.... CALL ME! LMAO <kidding... kinda... lol>
-Dang that's not good- and you would think being around a air force base there would be lots of men look.

I guess i need to research another state

Old 05-01-2011, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
so picky!
That's not being picky-Who wants to date a grown man living with his mother. (Now taking care of mom is ok- but mom taking care of him is a big no-no)

Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,542,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-natural View Post
That's not being picky-Who wants to date a grown man living with his mother. (Now taking care of mom is ok- but mom taking care of him is a big no-no)
The after my comment, usually means I'm joking.

Old 05-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
The after my comment, usually means I'm joking.
sorry jfkIII

Old 05-10-2011, 02:05 PM

76 posts, read 279,228 times
What about places to meet asian girls in mid 20s?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:12 PM

15,882 posts, read 14,538,304 times
Hong Kong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macno0b View Post

Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM

328 posts, read 603,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macno0b View Post
Marquee nightclub at te Cosmopolatian. Incredible house music DJ's, and a huge asian crowd. Actually, as a big club guy, I've never seen so many asians in my life until I started clubbing 4 years ago. They're everywhere! I've had enough asian girls, I want to find a latina lady. But I have no clue on where to find them.

And to the female poster who said she goes to the club to dance with herself and her girlfriends - cool story. BUT - you have to realize 99% of the men who go to nightclubs are looking to hook up with women, whereas only 5% of the women in a nightclub are looking for the same. Of course you're going to get hit on constantly in the club; it's a good thing. It means you're attractive. Be happy.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:50 PM

3 posts, read 11,597 times
I have to affirm everything negative about dating here. I'm seen as a highly attractive, eligible male (though I do not think so, I trust the words of those I've dated whom are attractive and force their opinions into my ego) and show great respect to friends and dating partners alike. I listen to women. I keep my etiquette and I still have good, clean fun. Sex is not my agenda with women. Yet, the dating scene here is simply awful for me. A guy that's a "10" gets 1% the attention of a girl that's a "7". Ask anyone under 30, talking to anyone under 30.

Vegas is the worst example of a city to look for a woman; if you have an ego, prepare to lose it. As a male, this is not the place to test your new outfits or awesome haircut. Women WILL NOT LOOK. Visiting other areas, such as Flagstaff--I walk down the street, hit the bars, trek across campus there, I get the quick glance and smile, and maybe a look back. It's effin adorable. Women there will come up to you, and reference earlier conversations you had, even if you'd just met. This is also common, with other cities. In Vegas, I get looked at once a week. The majority of passersby (20s-ish, which I am too) have the unaffected "*****" face with virtual blinders to the scene around them and never dare look at a male. Indeed the ratio is so bad among the 18-35 (117:100 men to women) that women feel they have ample opportunity enough to not pay attention to dating at all, and express willingness to sink themselves into work or school for YEARS on end without touching the idea of partnering up. I am not sure I would be so keen on the idea of wasting my 20s, back when people thought I was hot. Yet women have license to do so here.

Associated, far more men than women actually go out to clubs/bars/events, awarding such places an actualized ratio of 5:1, men. Do the math yourselves. Go to some hot, local, NON-tourist places, like Insert Coin, Griffin, Drai's afterhours, etc, and count the line. I realize some of the dating suckiness may be the fact that many of us men are just plain jerks here so women don't want to bother, but that nonetheless factors into the suckiness of the city's dating overall and has created a pot of women that think themselves beleaguered empresses. Then when you actually get the date (probably with someone less than you wanted, that you as the man has made a personality/looks exception for) women often can and do find the slightest trifling thing wrong with you. Being TOO intelligent. TOO likely to get bored with them. NOT tattooed enough. NOT bearded, I've even heard, from a woman that likes hairy dudes. Men here would not dare hold women to just rigid standards for piffling features on women. To top it off, when you actually get the girlfriend she might break up with you for any other minor reason ... and why not? She's being hit on 20 times a day here and can take the lateral move to someone else. You were in love? Guess what, she didn't feel it as hard because standby male #2-50 are propositioning her DAILY. I'm no saint myself. I'd probably be slightly less connected to my partner if I had so much interest on the side directed toward me.

Just walk around a college campus to get the full scope of this. You see a few partnered couples, sure. But mostly the kids are NOT laying on the grass, NOT hanging out, NOT debating literature or starting clubs. College isn't a hotbed of opportunity and romance, its a scene with a bunch of depressive 20 year olds that have no clue how to approach a woman because they grew up alongside the self-worshiping examples in this city. A bunch of superior and supremely entitled women even if they're just barely pretty, that don't chance a simple look at a male to give him a clue. I've even heard stories from other women about witnessing obscenely ugly members of the female race with tremendous egos, telling attractive bartenders that they hate their accent and to go away, because that actually CAN make out with whatever man they want, in a given night.

I should feel the need to point out that it's really not anything wrong with any gender. I've heard many examples of cities where the guys feel like if they're cute they can just be players. It's the makeup and design of the city.

Ratio. Attitude. Education. Lack of community. Early pregnancy... and no, the fact that they often come from other places doesn't help. Most come from outer Los Angeles, to be exact, and that's not a wonderful place either. Add to that recipe the ability to have their pick of the men here, and you get a strong addition to the Vegas problem. With the odd exception, Las Vegas just nowhere near as dateable as ... anywhere else. Maybe New Delhi (no women in bars) would be somewhat on par?

Old 08-30-2011, 05:55 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,653,285 times
I must disagree, I am 'older' (52) and I'm not exactly handsome, but I don't scare dogs or little children, and I feel like a commodity here, I have had MANY attractive woman, smile and chat me up (unless there are hookers in the supermarket, I think these are real women)

I have already been out on dates with three women, that i have met just in my day to day goings on, and someone on here (you know who you are) even tried matchmaking me with someone

So, I say beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes right to the bone.
show your inner beauty, and your outer beauty will have em lining up and taking numbers!

Jonathan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas