Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 PM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times

Advertisements

This week is the annual Greek Festival. It's been a few years since I been to one. Anyone know what its currently like? How's the food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
i dont know much about it... but i tried to get a tent for my airbrushing, they wanted 1800. for 3 days... so the food must be outrageously expensive to cover the costs.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Just be sure to avoid the rear entrance.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:25 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
If you've been to one at the new church then it hasn't changed. But the church venue is much better than the places they used to hold the festival. They have much more room, and it's all outdoors. And it's no more expensive than you'd expect a festival to be. The food is good, if you like Greek food, and the wine and beer are really good. They have Greek bands and they still dance like always. There is a kids area too. It's a rather pleasant experience, but we plan to go before it gets hot again this weekend. Gotta buy some homemade baklava to freeze. It's a long time between Greek festivals.

The San Gennaro Feast going on right now is lots of fun too.

Plenty of festivals like Art in the Park coming up, especially next month. These two going on this week are early this year. I'm surprised they did that since it's so hot.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:11 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
how about a list of the festivals coming up?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
how about a list of the festivals coming up?
This is tomorrow. Just found out it was this weekend, so we'll be doing this tomorrow and Greek Fest Sunday. These are usually excellent programs. Chautauqua home (BCChautauqua)

This is the best local festival: bch | Find information on the hospital Foundation.

Here's a site with Boulder City Festivals and statewide recreation: http://www.lasr.net/travel/city.php?Boulder City&Nevada&&City_ID=NV0201003&Event_ID=NV0201003e 010&VE=Y

Other festivals, etc. Las Vegas Territory, Nevada Travel | Attractions, Events, Lakes, Parks, and Recreation

Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 PM

Default Trans-Siberian Orchestra

This is an annual Christmas event that I don't like to miss: Trans-Siberian Orchestra Tickets - Trans-Siberian Orchestra Concert Tickets and Dates | Official Live Nation Site (http://www.livenation.com/artist/trans-siberian-orchestra-tickets - broken link)

They're fantastic.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,617 times
Default Greek Food Festival

The Greek Food festival is AWESOME! It is the only large food festival in town where the food is cooked and served by their own people instead of a bunch of vendors for profit.All the proceeds go to the church and the food is prepared by all the old ladies that know what they are doing!

This festival has the sights, sounds, tastes and aromas of REAL greek cooking! It's like visiting the greek isles without the the airplane ride ( and of course the view). Try the GYRO and the Loukoumades (greek honey donuts) and the Saganaki (flaming cheese) The souvlaki (shish kebob) on pita is delish drenched in tzasiki (garlic,dill and yogurt) sauce is to die for- add some greek fries and you'll be stuffed!!!... but you can wear it all of by greek dancing! Dont be afraid to try- you cant mess up! This is truly one of the only wonderful family events this town can cherish. Far better than any other you will try! This is perhaps the BEST Greek festival on the west coast! Where else can you get an Ouzo margarita?

OPA!

Old 09-25-2010, 06:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
Sounds great. I was terribly disappointed in the San Gennaro festival. We each paid $8 to get in and that provided us nothing but the opportunity to spend more money buying food from vendors.

Old 09-25-2010, 06:24 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,259,931 times
Greek food festival is so boring to me yet I still go just about every year.

San Gennaro: don't get me started the entrance fee, food, & ride fees are nuts. I only go for my daughter.

Whatever happened to JC state Fair or the fair in Moapa are they the same or two different things.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas