Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
OK, I'm serious as a heart attack here.....

Has anyone seen a REAL job ad on Las Vegas CL????
I think there's a lot of skilled labor positions, often the same body and auto repair shops posting for techs, to be closely followed by disgruntled employees detailing why the shop is again looking for workers.

I'm not so sure I'd advertise on CL for an auto repair technician for my shop--I'd be worried about getting a lot of flakes and ham-handed nutbusters fired from Pepboys and used car lots. Maybe this is being unfair, but perhaps other businesses have similar reservations and don't post for help on CL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 02:40 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,963,487 times
Quiznos certified??? LOL.. Would the Burger King Hamburgler pass their background check? I remember hearing a guy come into Burger King while I was having my Whopper experience asking about a job and the manager asked him if he had a resume? I laughed and the Mgr. kind of gave me a look.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:10 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
I wish businesses posting on CL would put their name, address, a phone number, apply in person something, anything so that people know their ad is legit.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM

31 posts, read 69,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
I wish businesses posting on CL would put their name, address, a phone number, apply in person something, anything so that people know their ad is legit.
CL seems to be a bust in Vegas. I know of all the usual monster/careerbuilder/etc and lasvegasjobs.com (seems to be 80% mgm jobs), are there any other local sites that have job postings that are legit?

Old 09-30-2009, 04:04 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
I haven't used monster/careerbuilder type sites in a while, all I got was junk from those. I just go to company websites directly or check LVRJ.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36geoff View Post
CL seems to be a bust in Vegas. I know of all the usual monster/careerbuilder/etc and lasvegasjobs.com (seems to be 80% mgm jobs), are there any other local sites that have job postings that are legit?
I pretty much use this site, Jobs | one search. all jobs. Indeed, when searching for jobs locally or in another location. Although they can be slow at getting the postings up.

If you're looking for state jobs try https://nvapps.state.nv.us/NEATS/Rec...5Pp7ftolbGmkTy. This is the NV state job site.

Clark County HR, Pages - humanr

I didn't post the city websites as there are limited positions posted. You could always try the local paper as well. Las Vegas News, Business, Entertainment Information - ReviewJournal.com

Old 12-01-2009, 10:49 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,577,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddys///M3 View Post
I pretty much use this site, Jobs | one search. all jobs. Indeed, when searching for jobs locally or in another location. Although they can be slow at getting the postings up.

If you're looking for state jobs try https://nvapps.state.nv.us/NEATS/Rec...5Pp7ftolbGmkTy. This is the NV state job site.

Clark County HR, Pages - humanr

I didn't post the city websites as there are limited positions posted. You could always try the local paper as well. Las Vegas News, Business, Entertainment Information - ReviewJournal.com
I'm going to bookmark all those as I am thinking about moving to Vegas and I am keeping my eye on the economy over the next few months to see how things turn around
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas