Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:07 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post

Unemployment agent says" well you left the state". Neighbor" well I back and I want my benefits back". OK I just approved you for another 40 weeks minus the 3 weeks you owe us. WTF
In case I didn't make this clear in the previous post ─ No, they did not say that. It's more formal legalese than that.

But I wanted to ask you what is EPI? Must be a new term I'm not familiar with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:22 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,969 times
He has not spent one second looking for employment and he never plans too until benefits stop for good. He claims this is his payment for voting for Obama. I ask his daughter if she thinks this is irresponsible behavior. " O NO everyone has the right to just kick it and relax”.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
In case I didn't make this clear in the previous post ─ No, they did not say that. It's more formal legalese than that.

But I wanted to ask you what is EPI? Must be a new term I'm not familiar with.

It's the name of the card they issue you https://www.eppicard.com/nvedcclient/index.jsp

Old 09-23-2009, 08:47 PM

1,365 posts, read 4,471,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjameson922 View Post
Unemployment benefits can also be directly deposited to your checking account.

Not in Nevada. It is either the debit card or a paper check.

Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 AM

255 posts, read 556,915 times
Wow. And this is all considered green shoots through the economy. Unbelievable.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:40 AM

Quote:
He has not spent one second looking for employment and he never plans too until benefits stop for good. He claims this is his payment for voting for Obama. I ask his daughter if she thinks this is irresponsible behavior. " O NO everyone has the right to just kick it and relax”.
If he is audited he will pay back every penny, and he might even go to jail. I hope he gets turned in or is selected for audit. That money should go to someone who deserves it. But sometimes people tell you things like that and it isn't true.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
If he is audited he will pay back every penny, and he might even go to jail. I hope he gets turned in or is selected for audit. That money should go to someone who deserves it. But sometimes people tell you things like that and it isn't true.

No it' all 100% true no BS. His older daughter was working and collecting unemployment at the same time for about three months before they caught on. They never sent her a bill to reclaim payments while she was working. There is alot of abuse but no one to monitor it.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,917 times
Wow my husband was let go from a job did not work for 3 weeks (first time not working in 14 years) had to wait one week to claim second week did not qualify because he has earned vacation time ..Which is seriously screwed up.... anyways 3rd week after taxs got $396 ..Went back to work and since he is salary and came mid payperiod they paid him a full check...Guess what??? We have to pay them $854!!!!! Frakin figures those of us trying to do the right thing always get screwed..It was so not on purpose and we didnt think we had done anything wrong.....

Old 09-26-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandi1 View Post
Wow my husband was let go from a job did not work for 3 weeks (first time not working in 14 years) had to wait one week to claim second week did not qualify because he has earned vacation time ..Which is seriously screwed up.... anyways 3rd week after taxs got $396 ..Went back to work and since he is salary and came mid payperiod they paid him a full check...Guess what??? We have to pay them $854!!!!! Frakin figures those of us trying to do the right thing always get screwed..It was so not on purpose and we didnt think we had done anything wrong.....
He didn't get screwed, he got paid his full salary by the employer so wasn't entitled to keep the UI. Although you might be able to make a case that he wasn't working when he filed the claim and took the UI in good faith not expecting to go back or to get paid while being off work. So the money he got when he went back was for future work, or at least from the point of rehire. I doubt you'd win but it might be worth a shot. You'd better hope the employer doesn't say oops, we didn't mean to give you that.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
No it' all 100% true no BS. His older daughter was working and collecting unemployment at the same time for about three months before they caught on. They never sent her a bill to reclaim payments while she was working. There is a lot of abuse but no one to monitor it.
With over 13% unemployment they are so overwhelmed they can't keep up. But a certain amount of fraud expectation was built into the system when they went to telephone, then computer claims, from in person paper claims. A lot of UI employees thought without that personal contact it would be a lot worse than it is. I don't think the investigations unit is any bigger than it was when UI was at 5%, but eventually they'll get them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: