Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 04:44 PM

17 posts, read 22,798 times

Advertisements

I would not be surprised if the CF company would not open a store in LV b/c of religious reasons. Somehow I don't think LV is hurting because they hadn't.

Here around the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex the "blue" laws still apply on Sunday, there are several stores that aren't open on Sundays (Hobby Lobby is another), all liquor stores are closed and no beer/wine sales until after noon on Sunday.

Now if Pollo Loco or In&Out Burger would make it out here I would be happy!

I live in the land of Bubbaville and Biblethumpers, not necessarily a bad thing, can get old after a while though, to be honest....

Old 01-12-2010, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,077 times
This is interesting. I didnt know this. How ridiculous! I heard it was an issue with the founder for Dave and Busters as well which is the reason we do not have one of those either.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:06 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Chick who?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:06 PM

46 posts, read 109,896 times
The chain was started in 1946 by chairman Truett Cathy; a devout Baptist, he insists on a policy that all Chick-fil-A restaurants be closed on Sundays. Biblethumper or just a moral person who kills millions of baby chicks you know the small ones that fit on a bun!!!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:37 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossLass View Post
I would not be surprised if the CF company would not open a store in LV b/c of religious reasons. Somehow I don't think LV is hurting because they hadn't.

Here around the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex the "blue" laws still apply on Sunday, there are several stores that aren't open on Sundays (Hobby Lobby is another), all liquor stores are closed and no beer/wine sales until after noon on Sunday.

Now if Pollo Loco or In&Out Burger would make it out here I would be happy!

I live in the land of Bubbaville and Biblethumpers, not necessarily a bad thing, can get old after a while though, to be honest....
We'll trade you two In n Out's and an El Pollo Loco for a Luby's. Throw in a Mesquite BBQ and we'll send you all of our In n Out's and any second choice you'd like to name.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:07 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
We'll trade you two In n Out's and an El Pollo Loco for a Luby's. Throw in a Mesquite BBQ and we'll send you all of our In n Out's and any second choice you'd like to name.

I will pass on Luby's. I spent three years working in one of those greasy holes to put myself through school. There is nothing on the menu that I even miss to this day.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:43 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,989,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
no way, they can't have the in and outs... send'em a carls jr and a sonic instead.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:33 PM

654 posts, read 1,322,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
no way, they can't have the in and outs... send'em a carls jr and a sonic instead.
How about all the Carls Jrs, a couple sonics & all the strippers LexusMan199 wowed for a Luby's & a Chick-Fil-A to be named later?

I miss me some Chick-Fil-A, just a normal Chicken Sandwich, some strips & waffle fries (& I don't even like fries normally). Add some of that heavenly lemonade & maybe some ice dream for dessert.

Oh, how I'd trade all the Carls Jrs (aka Hardees west) for just one Chick-Fil-A. I don't care if they're closed on Sundays. It's about the only fast food joint I'd really go out of my way to find. Well, that & Charlie's Chicken, but I'm not even sure they're in business anymore. There were a few in Oklahoma & maybe parts of Texas or Missouri? I went in Oklahoma & fell in love with their Chicken Chunks (large hunks of breaded white meat) along with chicken-fried steak.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:43 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,349,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
Not a fair trade for real Texas mesquite Bar B Que with drunk beans.

I don't see Chick-fil-A as being anything special, and certainly not as good as El Pollo Loco.

To each his own.

Now give me some good ole hometown (Clarksburg, WV) pepperoni rolls and chili dogs and I'll show you something good.

Old 01-13-2010, 03:51 AM

391 posts, read 1,713,654 times
I LOVE chic-fil-a. I will have to try that McDonald's sandwich. Whoever said Popeye's is good, I've tried it a few times...terrible, really just a notch above KFC.

Inn-n-Out is ok....I wish we had a Rally's here....Hmmmm, I guess it is the same as Checker's and will have to scope it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas