U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM

110 posts, read 297,575 times

Advertisements

I heard the other day on a radio show that the reason Vegas has no Chick Fil-As is because their founder doesn't approve of the Vegas lifestyle?I think for the sake of profits he or she would allow some in town regardless of the so called Vegas lifestyle. So shes saying that gambling,sex,and drinking don't happen anywhere else in the world?I love chick fil A and wish they'd open one here.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-23-2009, 02:10 PM

13,818 posts, read 26,721,885 times
Yes, she is against gambling, sex and drinking....but all for fried, artery-cholesterol-clogging, chicken. Go figure.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:26 PM

3,728 posts, read 8,898,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TominLasVegas View Post
I heard the other day on a radio show that the reason Vegas has no Chick Fil-As is because their founder doesn't approve of the Vegas lifestyle?I think for the sake of profits he or she would allow some in town regardless of the so called Vegas lifestyle. So shes saying that gambling,sex,and drinking don't happen anywhere else in the world?I love chick fil A and wish they'd open one here.
When we were in San Diego recently, we went to one of these places.

It's OK, I wouldn't write home about it. It's fast food. We have so many other good chicken places here in the valley that honestly, if the owner doesn't want one here, I'm good with that in my opinion. They would have way too much competition anyway.

Try Church's or Raising Caine's, Popeye's, Chicken Connection or stop in any one of our local Steiners, Charlies, PT Pub, Timbers and get the same thing (and usually it's better.)

Last edited by MomMom; 09-23-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,190,567 times
I believe yes.Those "Christian Values" and the perception that Las Vegas is a party,get up and go town might have scared them off.Which is a damn shame and a bad way to look at it because it sounds like they are being sterotypical.Plus they aren't open on Sundays(which I think is lame) so i doubt Chick Fil A would drop that rule just for LV and or even make some locations 24 hours like a Starbucks or a Fatburger.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 PM
jpk

531 posts, read 1,740,693 times
The Southern-style chicken sandwich at McDonald's is a near exact clone of the Chick-Fil-A sandwich. You don't need to go to Chick-fil-A anymore.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,150,750 times
Well maybe not just Vegas, but the whole state of NV doesn't have any of those restaurants. Yeah, I agree that the McDonald's sandwich is just like the Chick-Fil-a one. But its not a total loss, we have many good chicken places.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,079,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksouthbay88 View Post
I believe yes.Those "Christian Values" and the perception that Las Vegas is a party,get up and go town might have scared them off.Which is a damn shame and a bad way to look at it because it sounds like they are being sterotypical.Plus they aren't open on Sundays(which I think is lame) so i doubt Chick Fil A would drop that rule just for LV and or even make some locations 24 hours like a Starbucks or a Fatburger.
Cathey (the founder) believes firmly that Sunday is a religious day and has made that a policy that all locations be closed on that day. Yes, it goes against all business norms to walk through a food court in a mall and see Chick-Fil-A closed on what would be a big day for revenue and profitablility. However, it seems to work because it's been that way on the east coast as long as I can remember. I haven't seen a location shut down whereas I have seen McDonald's close down.

While I don't know if the perception has prevented locations here, but I would think it would be a terrific opportunity for the company.

Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,107,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
Cathey (the founder) believes firmly that Sunday is a religious day and has made that a policy that all locations be closed on that day. Yes, it goes against all business norms to walk through a food court in a mall and see Chick-Fil-A closed on what would be a big day for revenue and profitablility. However, it seems to work because it's been that way on the east coast as long as I can remember. I haven't seen a location shut down whereas I have seen McDonald's close down.

While I don't know if the perception has prevented locations here, but I would think it would be a terrific opportunity for the company.
That is interesting. We have a Chick Fil A in Metrocenter mall in Phoenix, Arizona. I always wondered why it was closed on Sundays. It was the only business in the whole mall that did that.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM

44 posts, read 169,494 times
I lived outside of Atlanta and I don't miss Chik-Fil-A one bit...

Now if I had to move back to the East Coast... I would certainly miss In-N-Out...

Giving Chik-Fil-A's business practices/philosophy.. it is certainly understandable for the owners to stereotype Las Vegas as being made up of a bunch of drunken, evil, no good direlects with no family values. LOL!!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:14 AM

762 posts, read 1,460,564 times
you get a discount for bringing in your church program on monday. OK that is just so smart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas