Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Caesars Palace located in Las Vegas, NV?
Yes 8 32.00%
No 17 68.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:49 PM

317 posts, read 1,087,473 times

Advertisements

I'll test your knowledge here. Is Caesars Palace, located at 3570 Las Vegas Blvd, in Las Vegas?

I'll post the answer in a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,420,868 times
Who was buried in Grant's Tomb?

Old 09-23-2009, 06:56 PM

450 posts, read 1,511,091 times
Lay off the drugs....are you seriously posting a really dumb question in the Las Vegas forum?

I'm wondering if you are one of those people that call travel agencies and ask what the bus fare is to Hawaii.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:01 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,092,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar_bluff_tree_farm View Post
I'll test your knowledge here. Is Caesars Palace, located at 3570 Las Vegas Blvd, in Las Vegas?

I'll post the answer in a few days.

Dumb Poll. The answer is yes and no. If you mean the City of Las Vegas the answer is no.

But more universally if you mean a Las Vegas, NV mailing address the answer is yes.

Now go away. You have to live here to ask such stupid questions.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:26 PM

317 posts, read 1,087,473 times
Darn, olecapt has to be lurking around here. As a real estate agent, of course he knows the answer.

Olecapt is correct. Most of the Las Vegas strip is not located in the City of Las Vegas - it's actually in unincorporated Clark County.

What difference does it make? Plenty. It means that if you do bad, they send the Clark County Sheriff after you rather than the Las Vegas Police Department. Bribing the police department won't do a bit of good.

It makes a difference for fire protection and property taxes. And it means that whether or not prostitution is legalized will be up to the Clark County commissioners rather than the mayor of Las Vegas or the city council.

But to the rest, it doesn't make a lick of difference. I thought it was interesting trivia.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar_bluff_tree_farm View Post
Darn, olecapt has to be lurking around here. As a real estate agent, of course he knows the answer.

Olecapt is correct. Most of the Las Vegas strip is not located in the City of Las Vegas - it's actually in unincorporated Clark County.

What difference does it make? Plenty. It means that if you do bad, they send the Clark County Sheriff after you rather than the Las Vegas Police Department. Bribing the police department won't do a bit of good.

It makes a difference for fire protection and property taxes. And it means that whether or not prostitution is legalized will be up to the Clark County commissioners rather than the mayor of Las Vegas or the city council.

But to the rest, it doesn't make a lick of difference. I thought it was interesting trivia.
I was an engineer and a local activist long before I was an RE Agent.

There are many weird things about Las Vegas. You, like may who don't live here, get them wrong. For instance the City of Las Vegas and the County of Clark have exactly the same police force. Now if you lived here you would know that Metro covers both.

And even your examples are filled with silliness. The CCSD for instance is in fact a branch of the State of Nevada...as is the Southern Nevada Health District. That is right neither the City nor the County control either Education nor Health.

If and when you move here we will invite you to Olecapt's class about the weirdness of Nevada governing.

Hey any state that could elect Gibbons has to be at least a lot looney. .

Old 09-23-2009, 08:13 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,006,237 times
Sorry they're being so hard on you, cedarbluff.

Many decades ago, the Las Vegas Police Department and the Clark County Sheriff's Department merged into what commonly is now referred to as "Metro" or LVMPD.

As Olecapt has stated, the strip is still patrolled by Metro as are other parts of unincorporated Clark County.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:36 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,420,868 times
where you been???? I was beginning to think we were moderatorless!

response: *heh* I've never really been the official moderator in the LV forum. I just fill in when I have the chance. However, you're right, the LV forum is missing a full-time mod so please be on your best behavior, jfk!

Last edited by scirocco22; 09-23-2009 at 08:53 PM..

Old 09-23-2009, 09:06 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,152,118 times
It actually is in the City of Paradise, which is a suburb of Las Vegas.

Paradise, Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
It actually is in the City of Paradise, which is a suburb of Las Vegas.

Paradise, Nevada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nice try LVD...but Paradise is not a city. It is a town.

Just to add to the confusion there are two kinds of town...

And paradise was strategic to the development of LV...Why was that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas