Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:45 PM

549 posts, read 1,381,933 times

Advertisements

I hate it here. I want to move. Nothing but bad Karma here every time I turn around people are robbing me blind. I'm so over Vegas. Want to move to Colorado. But, in this 'economic climate' I'm worried about a job and can't 'float' on savings for long. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 04:20 PM

1,009 posts, read 4,043,027 times
DFTT

Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM

23 posts, read 76,495 times
Hello,
I'm sorry you don't like it here. I have been here 3 years and love the weather. I have only had my car broken inot once and it was kids.
You should try a different part of town. The NW is VERY quiet.
Anyway, We like it here but are moving to WY come next MAY. We don't feel this is the right town to raise kids in so we're outa here next year.

Good luck,

John

Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
I hate it here. I want to move. Nothing but bad Karma here every time I turn around people are robbing me blind. I'm so over Vegas. Want to move to Colorado. But, in this 'economic climate' I'm worried about a job and can't 'float' on savings for long. Any suggestions?
join a church, they will help you pack

Old 10-01-2009, 08:49 PM

307 posts, read 1,224,303 times
Quote:
Shoot the Devil. LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 10:10 PM

23,269 posts, read 29,128,134 times
Default Enlist an astrocartologist

An astrocartologist will do an astrological chart on you and determine the best area of the country where you'll best thrive in. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

This city has the strongest, densest population of strongly Sagittarian types (NOT necessarily Sun sign) than any city in the world. Jupiter, the neon ringed planet, governs this sign.

Welcome to Las Jupiter!

Last edited by tijlover; 10-01-2009 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Add a line

Old 10-01-2009, 11:44 PM

638 posts, read 2,247,313 times
Quote:

You are in the same situation as a lot of people who are here only because they are currently stuck in their homes and are waiting for the market to improve so they can sell and get the hell out.

You are just going to have to tough it out and try to make the best out of it. You are not alone. There are a lot worse places in this country where you could be stuck, trust me. Things will turn around.

If you really really must get out then create a savings plan. Eat rice and beans if you have to. Save every penny possible so you can have a float in Colorado while you look for work. Get a second job. It will keep you busy and working toward a goal, thus taking your mind off of whatever it is you hate about las vegas.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:35 AM

53 posts, read 243,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
An astrocartologist will do an astrological chart on you and determine the best area of the country where you'll best thrive in. You have nothing to lose by trying it.

This city has the strongest, densest population of strongly Sagittarian types (NOT necessarily Sun sign) than any city in the world. Jupiter, the neon ringed planet, governs this sign.

Welcome to Las Jupiter!
I don't know if this is mere jest, but this vaguely interests me. Do you have any data for other cities in the states?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:25 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,687,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john4na View Post
Hello,
I have only had my car broken inot once and it was kids.

John
So because it was just kids...no big deal?

Its okay to steal (or commit property crime) if you are under 18???

If you believe this you are far more forgiving than I am.

BTW I also live in the NW and where I happen to be its far from quite infact within the past two days someone attemped to break into both my attached garage and a neighbors. My house was broken into last year and my credit card info has been stolen countless times since I moved here...so often infact that I only now use cc for travel. I CANNOT wait to get out of here. I have worked very hard for what I have and am not about to have another maggot steal from me again. It's a damn shame what is happening here. Vegas as has always been a magnet for shady people and now many of them are unemployed and desperate... what a joy!!!! There IMHO is much to love about Las Vegas and I will miss certain aspects of living here (my income mainly) but gosh what's the point of having anything nice if someone with an unfounded sense of entitlement is just going to steal it? It's one thing to knowingly run around with a sketchy crowd and be victimized (that lifestyle will catch up with a person regardless of where they live). The problem (as I see it) in Vegas is crime is really starting to effect the mainstream and it is tragic (for a community) when the honest hard working folks leave because of it. I've always lived in big cities (Vegas being by far the smallest) so I am no stranger to petty crime HOWEVER culturally Vegas has far less to offer than those (and many other) cities. IMHO it's like putting up with the problems of a big city without the big city advantages.

I love the weather too.

Best wishes to the OP...save your money and make a plan if leaving Vegas is what you hope to do.

Last edited by SoHoVe; 10-02-2009 at 03:21 AM..

Old 10-02-2009, 02:51 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,318,403 times
I am beginning to see a pattern here...the people with negative attitudes seem to have the most problems and crime getting them. Try thinking of happier thoughts and see if that makes a difference in your lives. I bet it does.
Dwelling on the negative side of life will only bring more negativity to you. Deciding that each day is going to be a great day no matter where you live in the world is a step in the right direction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas