Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 PM

44 posts, read 177,198 times

Advertisements

So... this interesting thread was started --> //www.city-data.com/forum/las-v...l#post11093748

and I think it's time to hear from Singles on the best places to go in Las Vegas. Not your obvious touristy nightclubs.. I want to hear from singles on their places to meet other singles in Las Vegas and why?

Atmosphere, type of people they meet there.. etc.. etc..

So.. I'll start it off with mine... Cadillac Ranch at Town Square... Great laid back atmosphere and Great Staff.

Some other favorites include Half Shell in Henderson...Great food/atmosphere but no numbers.

Tao Nightclub at the Venetian... love the place but more often then not it's meeting up with singles from out of state.

BTW... I live in Summerlin .. Great for everything else but lacking in places to go to meet singles unless I'm missing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 11:10 PM

44 posts, read 177,198 times
Any singles in Las Vegas??? LOL!!

Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,026,719 times
I think I go to touristy places.

Been to Serendipity yet? Expensive but good food.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 22,733 times
I enjoy going to E-String Grill and Bar on Thursday Nights after 8pm they have Karaoke and the people are so nice, also when someone is doing karaoke you can learn a lot about them.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:24 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,683 times
I enjoy the Downtown Cocktail Room (DCR), The Griffin and other downtown haunts. Blue Martini can be fun, too. First Friday can always be fun strolling the art galleries, but it tends to attract a lot of Vegas youth because its one of the few things that they can attend being under 21.

FYI...I'm not single, but if I were, I would be interested in meeting someone there...or at a grocery store.

My single friend and his group just dropped a $6400 dollar bill at Eve Nightclub and hung around with girls that thought everything was free. They hung around until the champagne and booze was gone. That tends to be the mentality when you go to places like Tao, Haze and *fillintheblankclub*. Clubs are great to go to when you find a mate.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:19 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,080 times
As a single female, I find it a bit intimidating going out by myself. I mean with all the lunatics out there, I don't want to be in a situation, say at a bar, with some loony spiking my drink or something and being totally helpless with no help from friends. Call me a worry wort, but just protecting me. I tend to go out with my friends in small groups, and we usually end up doing Foundation Room, or Fremont. Firefly is a nice place too. I am however, meeting more and more singles in my softball league. We went to the Griffin this past weekend but personally, I didn't like the atmosphere. It just seemed too dark and crowded, not really into the gothic type thing. Just my opinion of the place, but I've heard lots of singles hang out there.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,243,683 times
I think the crowd at the Griffin is not so much Goth as it is indie/hipster. Probably 25-35 year old range is the primary demographic. It does get crowded on the weekend. Lots of people from the service industry and creative class frequent downtown.

Any old PT's pub can be a lot of fun. A good mix of all kinds of people from different socio-economic backgrounds. Good mix of white and blue collar people in areas like summerlin and green valley.

I have to ask the OP, are you looking for the right one or mr/miss right now? My opinion on where to go changes pretty dramatically based on that information.

Industry nights at nightclubs are a lot of fun as well. Not only is the cover waived for locals, but all the great house music DJ's tend to play on those nights (Vegas industry loves house music). The scene is predominantly locals and the music is far more interesting which tends to bring out interesting people.

Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,520,479 times
One thing to keep in mind- Las Vegas has way more men than women and surveys show more men than woman will consider relocating there. ( Pew Research).

Old 02-18-2010, 08:15 PM

139 posts, read 458,463 times
Who picked up the tab, and/or did they have to wash dishes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendrive View Post
I enjoy the Downtown Cocktail Room (DCR), The Griffin and other downtown haunts. Blue Martini can be fun, too. First Friday can always be fun strolling the art galleries, but it tends to attract a lot of Vegas youth because its one of the few things that they can attend being under 21.

FYI...I'm not single, but if I were, I would be interested in meeting someone there...or at a grocery store.

My single friend and his group just dropped a $6400 dollar bill at Eve Nightclub and hung around with girls that thought everything was free. They hung around until the champagne and booze was gone. That tends to be the mentality when you go to places like Tao, Haze and *fillintheblankclub*. Clubs are great to go to when you find a mate.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:32 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,859,367 times
My favorite pickup spot is the waiting room at the free clinic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas