Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:41 PM

126 posts, read 269,153 times

Advertisements

Yah, I kind of took the stats with a grain of salt. Especially given the area is all relatively new (google maps still show dirt lots where the houses are). That is why i gave the 'only a tool' disclaimer.

For my search, it probably skewed the results since the entire north part of my search radius is all golf course too...ha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM

34 posts, read 110,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjudd View Post
As for renting your place out, check with your loan officer to see if the loan you apply for will allow renting your place out. Due to me being in military and not from Vegas, I had to go with a '2nd home mortgage' which does not allow you to rent out. The HOA may also have policies on renting your place, but I did not research that far, as I already knew I could not based on my loan type.

Another tool my realtor pointed out to me is the crime view map:
CrimeView Community Incident Map : Las Vegas Metro Police Department

Very glad they alerted me of this, since one of the houses I was considering was a great deal, but they hinted the area was not so savory. I was insistent on the house, until they mentioned this website and I searched the area...house listed had 450 crimes in the past month! (15 armed robberies, 20 breakins, 50 auto thefts, etc). Area in the house I ended up with .. ZERO crime reported in last 6 months (within 1 mile radius). Granted it is just a tool and probably not 100% accurate, but will at least give you an idea/snapshot of the type of area.
Well, I would not be renting the entire home out, just a couple extra bedrooms. Then maybe in a year or 2 rent the entire home out.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 AM

8 posts, read 9,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
the homes that are for sale are getting multiple bids. this does not mean, that they are under contigency "yet". you will put an offer in.. the bank will come back with "bring your highest and best" and then it will be decided who buys the home...

the homes in my development were all 400-600k in 2006, i bought in 1/08 for 252.

there was one in the development (a smaller one) that they listed a few months back for 139k... It sold for 195k

there is currently a larger home listed for 169k.....there have been so many people looking at this house, that i would bet it sells for around 225-250..

so it all depends on the location..
i would like to know what are the best locations to buy a house. i live out side the country and i want to rent it to people. so for me a good place will be were i could rent it as quickly as can be after i buy.
i will apprciate if someone can tell me which place will be best.
thank you!!

Old 11-26-2009, 12:02 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Lady View Post
Well, I would not be renting the entire home out, just a couple extra bedrooms. Then maybe in a year or 2 rent the entire home out.
where did you find a home with 0 crime in a 1mile radius...

Old 11-27-2009, 08:52 AM

34 posts, read 110,666 times
I didn't...I think you're talking to mjjudd...I have not found a home yet.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:24 PM

49 posts, read 179,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Lady View Post
Hello everyone,

So, here's the scoop: I just got a job at City Center making probably around $2500 a month. At the end of December I will be enrolled in a program that will assist with a $20,000 down payment for a home, so I'm thinking of buying a home in mid 2010. By this time I will have the $20,000 down payment and probably $10,000 saved. I am currently living rent free, so I will be saving all my money towards buying a home. My questions is this will be my first-home and I am somewhat confused of the home buying process. I have done some research and found out I need to be pre-approved then start looking for a home. My concern is I want my payments to be less than $1000/month for my mortgage. My credit is 700+ with little debt. I've been talking with a realtor who has been sending me listings, but all her listings are $120,000 and up. I'm looking for a 3bed 3bath home with a "OK" size backyard, not the backywards on the new homes that you can hardly turn around in. Also I want the house to be fairly new (2003 or up). What's the median price of homes for these specifications, and are my ideas unrealistic? Should I raise my price range? Or should I not even be thinking about this right now because the market could change in 6-9months? Also, I want to stay in the SW area of Vegas. Thanks so much!

Ok, I've never heard of this program. Care to share your info of where you will get enrolled? I'm new to Vegas and will be looking for a house as well. I'll be a first time home owner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas