Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times

Advertisements

I tried to rep you Delga, but I gotta spread some love around first.....

+10
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 08:56 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
To quote Mark Tawin [I believe]

I do NOT want to be judger by a jury of 12 men [this was the olde unliberated days] that were too STUPID to get out of jury duty

Old 01-06-2011, 10:54 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delgadobb View Post
You do realize that jury DUTY is a civic duty, right? Goes along with our freedoms & all that good stuff. Your post sounds like a lot of moaning; you realize the wage they pay comes out of tax dollars? I thought Kalifornia was broke. I don't like it any more than you do as I've been summoned for jury duty this month, so I'll do what I need to appease the court. Hopefully I won't be stuck there a long time, but I'll do my duty.

BTW, according to what they sent me, Nevada does NOT compensate mileage unless you're coming from extremely far away. My summons says 'mileage is reimbursed at 36.5 cents a mile for each mile traveled if the residence is 30 miles or more from the place of travel.' Since I'm within 15 miles, no mileage for me. Also, 'Each person summoned to report is entitled to a fee of $40.00 for each day after the second day of jury selection ...' So, it sounds like I could show up for two days & get nothing. Be thankful you're getting something & being reimbursed mileage - it's not the court's fault if you bought a vehicle that gets poor mileage.

Oh, that web site/page is a complete hack job, sounds like somebody wrote it up while sitting on the 'throne' then published it with a big disclaimer on the bottom of the article. Yeah, I'm gonna tell them "I'm a felon." Riggght.
In this case the person who is being called to this civic duty faces financial disaster. A person should not have their life destroyed by jury duty.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:03 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz View Post
In this case the person who is being called to this civic duty faces financial disaster. A person should not have their life destroyed by jury duty.
That has happened to many people. Ill just show up & tell it to the judge.

Not all of us get paid from our employer while on jury duty to fullfill our civic duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas