Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:03 AM

1,347 posts, read 2,447,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
I love the way you duck admitting their is no such source.
I tell you what. I'll provide you a source just as soon as you direct me to a single post of yours where you've provided a source along with one of your proclamations about Vegas crime, health care, school funding, whatever. I can't recall ever seeing one. Until then, Mr. Nobody Saw It Coming, my statement stands. Shiller called it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 11:42 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
I tell you what. I'll provide you a source just as soon as you direct me to a single post of yours where you've provided a source along with one of your proclamations about Vegas crime, health care, school funding, whatever. I can't recall ever seeing one. Until then, Mr. Nobody Saw It Coming, my statement stands. Shiller called it.
Duck cubed.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Duck cubed.
Having trouble finding one? Of all the declarative statements you make about Vegas crime, education spending, test scores, welfare rate, transience, yada yada, you can't find a single post of yours where you've provided a source? Don't give up so easy.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Having trouble finding one? Of all the declarative statements you make about Vegas crime, education spending, test scores, welfare rate, transience, yada yada, you can't find a single post of yours where you've provided a source? Don't give up so easy.
Duck to the fourth power...

Old 10-23-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Duck to the fourth power...
Keep stalling. We can wait.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:37 PM

31 posts, read 69,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Found it ! I hate to say or for someone to quote a link and then not have it

Is the Housing Market About to Get Even Uglier? - WSJ.com

e36goff - I apologize!
No worries

The LVRJ article was spot on imho:
"Perlman said two demographic groups will drive home sales in Las Vegas. One is the 40 million to 50 million baby boomers looking for "active adult" communities. The other is the Generation Y population, born as early as 1978, who haven't had their savings wiped out and who qualify for the first-time homebuyer tax credit."

I am renting an apartment from a woman who purchased it recently and plans to retire in it (although it's not in a retirement community) and I'm a Gen-Yer who plans to buy within the near future.

The housing market was just over inflated, everywhere... it'll take time to find its equilibrium again. Vegas will always be here, it just is never going to grow again like it did in the 90s.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Keep stalling. We can wait.

That is the fifth duck.

Face it. Old Shiller did suggest a bubble and burst were possible coached in the most restricted of languages. It is actually controversial as to whether what he said actually had a bearing on what happened.

You can't find a Shiller source because there is none. And he certainly never got near the lender suicide process...

So again you lie. As you do regularly.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:06 PM

As to my sources I use a set of pages I have built for most of it.

For Schools see...

Schools of Las Vegas Rankings

For Crime

Crime in Las Vegas

Those are based on the crime maps of Henderson, Metro and North Las Vegas normalized to the DofJ statistics.

The primary FBI Crime Statistics are located at...

Table 8 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_08.html - broken link)

For health I maintain no particular positions but use

UN for national statistics and for state stuff...

Kaiser State Health Facts

None of this is any of your business by the way. Just put it out to show how you lie and mislead in virtually all your writings.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
That is the fifth duck.
Six hours later without successfully finding a single post of your own where you've cited a source. I think that's a pretty good indicator that most of the "facts" that you spout are likely pulled out of your...hat.
Quote:
Face it. Old Shiller did suggest a bubble and burst were possible coached in the most restricted of languages. It is actually controversial as to whether what he said actually had a bearing on what happened.
He didn't "suggest" there was a bubble genius, he said we were in a bubble. It's clear that unless you're given a formulated conclusion without directions on how to act, you're completely lost on what to do. I imagine you need to be told to get dressed in the morning as well.
Quote:
You can't find a Shiller source because there is none. And he certainly never got near the lender suicide process...

So again you lie. As you do regularly.
Ah, the lender contrived suicide nonsense you try to advance to blunt the embarrassment of just how wrong you've been during this entire episode. "Don't blame me for all the wrong housing calls I've made, everyone missed the lender suicide!"

Old 10-23-2009, 05:33 PM

It appears you missed the entire task. Let's try this again - find a post of yours where one of your usual declarative statements included a linked source. You've had over six hours to do so without success.

Swing. Miss.

Quote:
As to my sources I use a set of pages I have built for most of it.

For Schools see...

Schools of Las Vegas Rankings

For Crime

Crime in Las Vegas

Those are based on the crime maps of Henderson, Metro and North Las Vegas normalized to the DofJ statistics.

The primary FBI Crime Statistics are located at...

Table 8 - Crime in the United States 2008 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2008/data/table_08.html - broken link)

For health I maintain no particular positions but use

UN for national statistics and for state stuff...

Kaiser State Health Facts

None of this is any of your business by the way. Just put it out to show how you lie and mislead in virtually all your writings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas