Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 PM

968 posts, read 2,059,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalbo View Post
I am in Nevada and support it. The waste is a solid, and could never spill and cause the wide spread damage like the BP accident.

Good for you. We need more people like you!

Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM

16,265 posts, read 43,077,286 times
What I don't get about the YUCCA thing...it seems like partisan politics rather than a person REALLY WANTS AND DESIRES nuclear waste, and future nuclear contamination in the state.

It strikes me as one of those 'I don't like Harry Reid' because I'm partisan, and therefore, I want nuclear waste in Nevada types of things.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,047,430 times
I don't like Scary Harry or his Alter egoe Stinky Pinky.
That being said, I would vote for the Devil Incanate if it would keep nuc trash out of Nevada.

If JESUS H CHRIST were running for election and said he wanted Nuclear Waste I would kick him the the curb.

SO I may hve to vote for Harry to preserve the state and leave it to the rest of the country to change the balance of power

Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,712,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
It's REAL simple to me....IF YOU CREATE IT, YOU KEEP IT.

DUMP YUCCA DUMP
I have to disagree with you on this one. If you create it, we will take it off your hands for a premium waste disposal fee. Just keep the Gov. out of it. We need a private sector guy like Tony Soprano running it to full potential.

Realistically it is useless land that can bring in revenue tax dollars to the state coffers. Tourisms in Southern NV would not change one iota if Yucca MT was in place and operational.

I remember having mock debates about this in my freshman year of high school and nothing has changed on the subject in the last 30 years.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:22 PM

37 posts, read 70,464 times
Is rising unemployement enough to knock off Reid? It seems that Angle is wacky enough that her only chance to win is via anti-Reid sentiment.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:59 PM

Idoubt that she could win here....Harry will be back....its up to the rest of the US to dump enough dems that he's no longer top dawg

Old 07-19-2010, 06:26 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,127,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
I have to disagree with you on this one. If you create it, we will take it off your hands for a premium waste disposal fee. Just keep the Gov. out of it. We need a private sector guy like Tony Soprano running it to full potential.

Realistically it is useless land that can bring in revenue tax dollars to the state coffers. Tourisms in Southern NV would not change one iota if Yucca MT was in place and operational.

I remember having mock debates about this in my freshman year of high school and nothing has changed on the subject in the last 30 years.
And deep water drilling was the best thing going in the Gulf until this little problem.

I would think the risk worth it if we were properly bought off. I would think a few billion dollars a year to the citizenry and government of NV might make it worth the risk. Other than that screw em. There is a tangible and real risk and it must be compensated.

Other than that I think the insult alone justifies shutting the thing down. Talk about a states right issue. Here we are in libertarian NV and the other 49 are going to ram this thing down our throats?

Nahh...big payday or go away. Use Alaska as your model.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
And deep water drilling was the best thing going in the Gulf until this little problem.

I would think the risk worth it if we were properly bought off. I would think a few billion dollars a year to the citizenry and government of NV might make it worth the risk. Other than that screw em. There is a tangible and real risk and it must be compensated.

Other than that I think the insult alone justifies shutting the thing down. Talk about a states right issue. Here we are in libertarian NV and the other 49 are going to ram this thing down our throats?

Nahh...big payday or go away. Use Alaska as your model.
I think that is fair. Give Nevada money and scratch Hanford off the nuclear depository list.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:21 AM

Since King George the 2nd bought Nevada off by giving us th eParticle Accelerator and then AFTER we agreed he said...OH SORRY .Tejas get that....and then reniged on it with Tejas also....

When dealing with the federal government it is best to just lean over the barrel and take it.....

NOT

WAYYYYY back in the early 70's a guy bt that name of James Ray Houston VERY NEARLY became our Governor by sayin that the FIRST thing he would do is secede from the Union, step 2 was deport any and all Federal employees, step 3 was to put Nevada on the SILVER STANDARD and then witholf any and all silver exports to foreign countries [of which the US was now one.]

TRU he was a crackpot....but he had 80% of the vote IN THE BAG on the Friday before elections....

A warrant for his arrest on fraud charges was issued on Monday after an article in the SUN exposed him....

NOW in retrospect....doesnt sound half bad .

Old 07-23-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Agree, take our Hanford waste for a few billion. Everyone is happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas