Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM

32 posts, read 49,569 times

Advertisements

Would someone please recommend a good real estate search site for Las Vegas, where I don't have to register to do searches?

I particularly like sites that show the results by map, and have many filters. For example I really like Redfin, but unfortunately it does not operate in Las Vegas.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,841,371 times
Folks, the only RE site that can be posted on C-D is www.Realtor.com. If you have other suggesitons, please send a DM to the OP.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 PM

458 posts, read 1,671,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Folks, the only RE site that can be posted on C-D is www.Realtor.com. If you have other suggesitons, please send a DM to the OP.

Just curious, but why? Why realtor.com but no one else?

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM

84 posts, read 152,963 times
realtor.com is the one i found the most user friendly and usually had the best photos too. However las vegas review journal's site was pretty helpful, also.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:12 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,052,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriwx View Post
Just curious, but why? Why realtor.com but no one else?
There are many good sites but the reason the moderator noted realtor.com is that it's about the only realty site that the administrators here will allow to be recommended on THIS board. Links to specific realty sites are not allowed on our forum. Please only use a direct message to recommend other sites.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
I would note that realtor.com receives a delayed feed of the idx information offered on my site (and likely on the others) . It is also poorly updated and is often badly out of date.

So you get the exact same information badly handled.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:06 PM
atr

26 posts, read 109,448 times
I had the same question as the OP.

We're currently looking for a house in 89134. This weekend, we looked at 2 houses in Country Rose Estates.

Got inside the village and there were a few more houses with FS signs that were NOT in MLS. The agent didn't have those houses on her list either....she actually said she just used IDX/MLS as well.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:42 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,212,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr View Post
I had the same question as the OP.

We're currently looking for a house in 89134. This weekend, we looked at 2 houses in Country Rose Estates.

Got inside the village and there were a few more houses with FS signs that were NOT in MLS. The agent didn't have those houses on her list either....she actually said she just used IDX/MLS as well.
Those homes are in some other status...common in there would be contingent on short sale. YOur agent can pull those up but generally does not. Other status might be Temporarily off the market, pending, sold or even expired. Signs are sometimes up some days after an event that should cause them to come down.

An agent can search for an address with no status which will bring all the old stuff up.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 PM

450 posts, read 1,514,664 times
I know the one my boyfriend and I use is probably not updated regularly and does not show if sales are pending, but we use www.hotpads.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas