Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 03:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times

Advertisements

Garth is coming out of retirement to do a series of shows. I am a huge fan. My husband hates country music. I tried to buy a ticket online this morning. I waited two hours without getting a chance to buy a ticket. I had to leave because I had an appointment with an optometrist. When I got back I logged in and saw that the concert for 1/1/10 was sold out. I called the ticket line directly and the sweetest female agent was able to find me a single seat in the center section. HOORAY!! Anyone else going to see Garth? I am so happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 04:15 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,368,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Garth is coming out of retirement to do a series of shows. I am a huge fan. My husband hates country music. I tried to buy a ticket online this morning. I waited two hours without getting a chance to buy a ticket. I had to leave because I had an appointment with an optometrist. When I got back I logged in and saw that the concert for 1/1/10 was sold out. I called the ticket line directly and the sweetest female agent was able to find me a single seat in the center section. HOORAY!! Anyone else going to see Garth? I am so happy!
Ask your husband if he'd like to get together for a beer with me while you go to the show. I just don't get the attraction, but lot's of people like him for some reason. It can't be his voice, it can't be the hillbilly lyrics, and it can't be his looks.

Sorry. I don't mean to ruin it for you.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,786,019 times
I like his music, but don't plan to see him perform at the Wynn.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Ask your husband if he'd like to get together for a beer with me while you go to the show. I just don't get the attraction, but lot's of people like him for some reason. It can't be his voice, it can't be the hillbilly lyrics, and it can't be his looks.

Sorry. I don't mean to ruin it for you.
Not all of Garth's music is hillbilly and he is not handsome. I think the attraction is the honesty in his music.

I like his voice too because it is not contrived.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:44 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
I like Garth Brooks, and even would like to see him. However, when I found out the tickets are $125, I was not happy.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I like Garth Brooks, and even would like to see him. However, when I found out the tickets are $125, I was not happy.
If I had an extra ticket I would invite you LVD because you are as honest as they come.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Not all of Garth's music is hillbilly and he is not handsome. I think the attraction is the honesty in his music.

I like his voice too because it is not contrived.
I'll have to force myself to listen to him a couple of times and see if he does anything I can get behind. I just haven't been able to get past the first couple of bars when he starts to sing.

I don't hate all country music though; some of it is pretty good, especially the wimmin...and I like the new trend of hot babes they have now. Faith Hill can sing for me anytime...or just stand there and look gorgeous.

I don't like cryin in yer beer stuff, or ignorant hillbilly lyrics that make people sound uneducated or stupid unless it is really toe tappin, or bluegrass, or Texas Swing, or Texas Outlaw, etc.

When I was growing up in West Virginia, the home of a lot of what is now simply called "country" music, we called it "hillbilly" music, and most people I knew didn't like to be associated with anything hillbilly. I never heard the term "country & western" until I moved to Las Vegas in the 60's. In 1970-71, I sold for Modern Country - KRAM, and I never listened to my own station unless I had to.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
He wanted to charge $35, but Wynn told him people would think there was something wrong with his voice if he didn't price the tickets higher. Good marketing on Wynn's part as usual. Po' folks won't pay the mortgage on Wynn and Encore will they?

Old 10-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
I'll have to force myself to listen to him a couple of times and see if he does anything I can get behind. I just haven't been able to get past the first couple of bars when he starts to sing.

I don't hate all country music though; some of it is pretty good, especially the wimmin...and I like the new trend of hot babes they have now. Faith Hill can sing for me anytime...or just stand there and look gorgeous.

I don't like cryin in yer beer stuff, or ignorant hillbilly lyrics that make people sound uneducated or stupid unless it is really toe tappin, or bluegrass, or Texas Swing, or Texas Outlaw, etc.

When I was growing up in West Virginia, the home of a lot of what is now simply called "country" music, we called it "hillbilly" music, and most people I knew didn't like to be associated with anything hillbilly. I never heard the term "country & western" until I moved to Las Vegas in the 60's. In 1970-71, I sold for Modern Country - KRAM, and I never listened to my own station unless I had to.
Both of my parents were from "West, by God, Virginia". My father enlisted at age 17 and married my Mom and took her away at age 19. I remember going to visit my maternal grandmother and having to use an outhouse. Listen to "The Thunder Rolls" by Garth Brooks.

Old 10-24-2009, 05:34 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,320,560 times
Nobody is worth $125.00 to hear them sing. Speaking of good ole' country music and wisdom, how about the "A Fool and His Gold Soon Part?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas