Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:28 AM

2,502 posts, read 8,916,665 times

Advertisements

If you're only going to be living here sporadically, I would choose based on distance to desired entertainment. If you want to spend a lot of time on the strip, compare driving distances to the strip. If you want to spend a lot of time in the mountains or at Lake Mead, compare driving distances to those places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
From what I have read the HOA is Stalinist (Totalitarian) and the builder is being sued for construction defects (structural and sewer issues) and, as you already noted, it's on the outskirts of town.
Where did you get that? It was tied up in the CD lawsuit mess which appears to have evaporated. I don't know if they threw out the board at Chateau V or not though they were planning on it in 2008. I would be very surprised at any "totalitarian" actions in that one.

It is less than a mile from Cheyenne which has reasonable commercial. (a WalMart) It is actually a very nice quiet corner of Las Vegas. I would think it unwise without a car.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:28 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Where did you get that?
"This is the worst place I have ever lived. This complex is run by an out of control HOA that fines $500 for everything. The outside looks nice, but they have a lot of structural problems with the sewer system. There have been several occasions where our sewer and water were stopped due to repair. In september 2008, the builder was sued for defects, but the suit hasn't come through. Please save your money an live elsewhere."
October 14, 2010 by Chris McNair in Las Vegas, NV

HOA is out of control. - Chateau Versailles Las Vegas, 89129

"This area looks nice but there are a lot of builder defects. The units are overpriced for renters and buyers. There is constantly a sewer smell in the mornings, and the HOA are like police. The HOA president rides around on his golf cart all day looking for violations, no warnings just fines. Don't move here."

http://www.yelp.com/biz/chateau-versailles-las-vegas-2
"STAY AWAY FROM THESE. THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY TOWS YOUR VEHICLE IF ITS IN YOUR DESIGNATED SPACE SIMPLY BECAUSE YOUR REGISTRATION (ON PRIVATE PROPERTY) HAS LAPSED ONE DAY. I HAVE HAD MY VEHICLES TOWED TWICE. THEY ARE SCUM SUCKING, UNFEELING, GREEDY JERKS THAT NEED THE SAME TREATMENT THEY DISH OUT. THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER"

http://local.yahoo.com/info-20307924-chateau-versailles-las-vegas (broken link)

Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,184,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
"This is the worst place I have ever lived. This complex is run by an out of control HOA that fines $500 for everything. The outside looks nice, but they have a lot of structural problems with the sewer system. There have been several occasions where our sewer and water were stopped due to repair. In september 2008, the builder was sued for defects, but the suit hasn't come through. Please save your money an live elsewhere."
October 14, 2010 by Chris McNair in Las Vegas, NV

HOA is out of control. - Chateau Versailles Las Vegas, 89129

"This area looks nice but there are a lot of builder defects. The units are overpriced for renters and buyers. There is constantly a sewer smell in the mornings, and the HOA are like police. The HOA president rides around on his golf cart all day looking for violations, no warnings just fines. Don't move here."

Chateau Versailles - Northwest - Las Vegas, NV
"STAY AWAY FROM THESE. THE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANY TOWS YOUR VEHICLE IF ITS IN YOUR DESIGNATED SPACE SIMPLY BECAUSE YOUR REGISTRATION (ON PRIVATE PROPERTY) HAS LAPSED ONE DAY. I HAVE HAD MY VEHICLES TOWED TWICE. THEY ARE SCUM SUCKING, UNFEELING, GREEDY JERKS THAT NEED THE SAME TREATMENT THEY DISH OUT. THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER"

Chateau Versailles, Las Vegas, NV : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local (http://local.yahoo.com/info-20307924-chateau-versailles-las-vegas - broken link)
Sorry - They got one guy all annoyed. That happens. And likely a renter who claims he can park a car in violation of the rules.

I have talked to half a dozen residents there who liked the place. So no you need some real facts...not yelp opinions.

As I said it was heavily into the property management scandal but that appears to have vanished.

Be interesting to see their disclosure package. I also wonder if they ever voted the board out.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 PM

100 posts, read 404,537 times
Default Chateau Versailles

I showed some of these condos a few weeks ago. Of the 28 listed almost half have litigation pending on Construction defects and 1 has an HOA litigation.
I advised my clients against trying to purchase there, due to the Banks and Mortgage lenders not being able to lend on Condo's with pending litigation. When I found the one with the HOA litigation, that is normally a class action type suit, which would bring in all the units. Plus the fact that the HOA could not produce a document required by the lender on the homeowner vs rental %.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 PM

399 posts, read 1,025,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post
I showed some of these condos a few weeks ago. Of the 28 listed almost half have litigation pending on Construction defects and 1 has an HOA litigation.
I advised my clients against trying to purchase there, due to the Banks and Mortgage lenders not being able to lend on Condo's with pending litigation. When I found the one with the HOA litigation, that is normally a class action type suit, which would bring in all the units. Plus the fact that the HOA could not produce a document required by the lender on the homeowner vs rental %.
I'm going to forget about that place. There are better choices for me.

I liked Sky Pointe in Centennial Hills because of rental restrictions, price and area, but I'm noticing units being sold as rentals there now, so either people are violating the restriction or they have lifted the restriction.
I have also noticed units for sale with hard floors on the second floor, which is also supposed to be a violation.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:33 PM

848 posts, read 1,723,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Palm View Post

Chateau Nouveau, Spring Valley also had problems a few years ago. I have seen both locations, the one on Spring Valley and the one on the NW, both did not have enough landscaping on their properties to make it appealing, the building itself looks nice but too bad they have litigation problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: