U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM

2 posts, read 5,173 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have searched the forum for apartments in Henderson/Green Valley but I have not been able to find any updated posts, so I am posting this with hopes up getting new information.

I’ve been doing a little research and have found a couple apartment complexes, but every time I think I’ve found something nice, I come across bad reviews of them online. The schools that I am thinking of are Coronado High and Green Valley High, so it would be nice to find a place in the those areas.

I’m looking to find an apartment on the cheaper side initially, at least the first year, until I get a good feel for the area and decide where/if I want to buy a house there. I really would like to find an apartment in the $700-800 a month plus water and sewer range for either a 2 or 3 bedroom. I can go up to $900 if necessary, but if I don’t have to, that would be great.

I would like you to tell me what you know as far as neighborhoods; if they’re clean and safe, have no ‘house bugs’, et cetera.

Please feel free to be brutally honest with me, I can handle it, lol. I just want to be sure I am aware of what areas to stay away from.

TIA for your help.

Luvmy2
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:06 PM

171 posts, read 554,107 times
I would take the reviews with a grain of salt. More people are going to take an extra step to make a negative review because of a bad experience rather than a good one.

Best advice I can give is to check out the complexes in the evening when people are home from work. Particularly on Saturday when people may be having parties.

It really depends on what you are looking for, though. My priorities would be different than yours, but generally all people want safety, quiet neighbors, good parking, and well maintained grounds. Most of these can be observed by visiting the complex, but for crime you can check the police departments website for crime maps.

Good luck

Old 11-12-2009, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,173 times
You're right, thanks. I'm also wondering about safe places in Vegas since it seems Henderson is out of my price range from now. Guess I have to start from scratch, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas