Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM

968 posts, read 2,058,474 times

Advertisements

I will take the opposite side. It sounds like you are a thoughtful individual looking for a change. You have saved money and have usable skills. I think you should go wherever you want, including Las Vegas. I dont live in LV but have visited several times recently. Each time with increasing energy and activity. Most of those on the thread border doomsayers. I get depressed if I read these threads too often. While the LV economy is lagging, the national economy has turned with Las Vegas eventually the beneficiary. Whatever your decision, good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:53 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,917,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life1975 View Post
ok, I should have pointed out I'm in Real Estate now so I know all this and no, not all RE agencies hire anyone and I wouldn't work for one who did, I also would be working on someones "team" which gives me a small cut while I'm building my contacts and working leads.

That all being said, I would probably only do that PT and look for something else full-time.

I've owned a wholesale food company and owned a restaurant, so I do have other "skills" which I'm sure many other people out there also have... I just assumed having 1yr of bills covered would give me enough time to find work and build income... hopefully before depleting the whole 1yr of funds.

but I do really appreciate the feedback. looks like it might be another winter of snow for me!
are you talking like the Prudential Americana team...?

Old 11-15-2009, 05:16 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,955,398 times
I would love to be a realtor in Las Vegas. I think it would be a great job and there are several realtors on this board who will probably chime in.

I know one realtor whose career I've been following since she started. It took her a little more than a year to become really self supporting. I think that's great in these confusing times. She worked really hard and was willing to do all the jobs the other realtors didn't want. I think that's why she was successful.

I don't want to discourage you from coming here because as I said, it's a great place to live. I just wanted to make sure I didn't make it sound easy!

Old 11-15-2009, 05:20 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,693,877 times
Life is all about calculated risks and If you think you can make it in Las Vegas in this down economy, then go for it. I'm sure your smart enough to figure out what your will be risking and what you will be gaining. Please do your homework and make sure you are ready for a rollercoaster ride. Keep your costs low and live within your means and you will be fine. Good luck on what ever you decide.

Old 11-16-2009, 02:29 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,917,542 times
i have a nevada realtors license...the problem is that after the license, you need access to the mls, that's another grand a year... so its expensive to be a realtor here..

Old 11-16-2009, 03:16 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,639,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swigchow View Post
I dont live in LV but have visited several times recently. Each time with increasing energy and activity. Most of those on the thread border doomsayers. I get depressed if I read these threads too often. While the LV economy is lagging, the national economy has turned with Las Vegas eventually the beneficiary. Whatever your decision, good luck.
I think airics is being pretty realistic and I think if you looked at some of his replies to other threads you would not view him as a doomsayer. You don't LIVE there...I think it's difficult to get a objective feel for things when you aren't living in the thick of it on a day to day basis. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I was under the impression that the enconomy is still somewhat declining in Vegas??? Also "the national economy has turned"...for the better??? I will believe that when I see concrete evidence on the local level...people returning to work, construction projects resuming, and the housing market at least stablizing. Nevada was one of the hardest hit states...the comeback isn't going to happen overnight and most likely not anytime soon.

Unfortunate but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas