Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
Think logical; Because the permits are so easily obtained for virtually everyone, thats why people are dying daily. Getting everybody armed is`nt solving the problem, it increases. GETTING RID OF GUNS is the only logical solution toward saving lives.
Because we are in bad times is no excuse to get armed! Getting more involved in helping the poor and "lost" individuals in need has a more positive effect to our society and environment.
Only well trained law enforcement agencys and military should be allowed to have guns when their on duty. Other than that, theres no feasable reason why every private individual should own a gun in the first place.

It`s high time for politicians to begin evaluating our legal right to bear arms and begin implementing more responsible control toward such.

To be fair, even if there were a ban on guns in the US, criminals would still find a way to get their hands on them. Because that's what would happen, you'd have every criminal with a gun, and all law abiding (and normal) citizens without one. Keep in mind, probably 95% of the guns used to commit crimes are either stolen or were obtained via the black/underground market and end up in the handles of felons and other undesirables.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:51 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
Something about this case just doesn't seem right. After seeing that the crime took place is a decent neighborhood, and seeing the criminals involved, I highly doubt the guys who killed the officer could afford to live anywhere near there (they look like they don't have two nickels to rub together). I suspect there's a lot more to this than a random robbery attempt. My guess is that there was a previous dispute or the officer arrested one of the guys a while back and revenge was sought.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:02 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,694,554 times
Trust me get armed, load up on tons of Ammo! Many studies were done, it's not the guys & gals with the legal guns, with the gun permits (CCW) committing these vicious crimes. Our concern and fingers should point at the thugs in these street gangs, Illegal aliens and EX-cons. The issue isn't guns, one could use anything as a deadly weapon, so again, go get your CCW and buy a gun. Ignore the lame, lazy liberals, they are the ones dragging down America and Las Vegas!

Ban guns! What a joke! Why is our current leaders thinking about that? Figures, lame , lazy liberals!

Places you can obtain a gun and CCW carry permit is " American Shooters in Vegas or Henderson.

The Gun store on East Tropicana! Its legal, so do it! Its also the 2nd Amendment!

What we should do is not tolerate crime so much!

Old 11-23-2009, 09:12 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Trust me get armed, load up on tons of Ammo! Many studies were done, it's not the guys & gals with the legal guns, with the gun permits (CCW) committing these vicious crimes. Our concern and fingers should point at the thugs in these street gangs, Illegal aliens and EX-cons. The issue isn't guns, one could use anything as a deadly weapon, so again, go get your CCW and buy a gun. Ignore the lame, lazy liberals, they are the ones dragging down America and Las Vegas!

Ban guns! What a joke! Why is our current leaders thinking about that? Figures, lame , lazy liberals!

Places you can obtain a gun and CCW carry permit is " American Shooters in Vegas or Henderson.

The Gun store on East Tropicana! Its legal, so do it! Its also the 2nd Amendment!

What we should do is not tolerate crime so much!
Quit saying liberals are the problem, because they aren't. I am a liberal, and am not for gun control whatsoever. However, my dad was a Republican, and would not own a gun, and was FOR gun control! Anyone with any common sense can see that you cannot disarm the USA citizens without dire consequences.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:39 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,384,085 times
Back on topic, it would be interesting to see what would come out of it if this attack was not random. If police cant feel safe in their own home, then they really should break the beasts' back once and for good.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:50 AM

110 posts, read 235,240 times
Default Ban all firearms for private individuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Trust me get armed, load up on tons of Ammo!
Unfortunately some people just don`t seem to get the message or are so narrow in their views that they don`t want to get it.
The political lobby one belongs to isn`t the problem, the thought of killing anyone with a weapon is in itself destructive and harmful for any society.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-23-2009 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 11-23-2009, 10:55 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,229,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barocko7 View Post
Unfortunately some people just don`t seem to get the message or are so narrow in their views that they don`t want to get it.
The political lobby one belongs to isn`t the problem, the thought of killing anyone with a weapon is in itself destructive and harmful for any society.

Moderator cut: off topic .

Last edited by Chickrae; 11-23-2009 at 05:04 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 12:43 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
This incident has been discussed in depth about as much as it can be regarding this sad incident that has taken place. It is now becoming a discussion on firearms, etc and off the topic in the last few posts.

The thread is now closed for review.

When in doubt read the TOS.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:01 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,242,871 times
Default RIP Officer Nettleton

I was equal parts sad and angry today watching the services for Officer Nettleton. It's been a hard year for Metro.

They lost a true leader. Even though I only caught a glimpse of what an amazing family man, warrior and police officer he was, I feel really sad knowing his life was cut short so soon. The outpouring of support from his brothers at Metro was nothing short of awe-inspiring.

There have been far too many things telling me lately not to take life for granted and this is just one of them.

I am very grateful for the personal sacrifices our military and police make for us on a daily basis. If you have served, please accept my heartfelt thanks for what you do.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-25-2009, 07:08 PM

110 posts, read 235,240 times
This is a great tragedy for everyone and an inspiration as well, to begin the changes needed inorder to get rid of constant violence in our citys.

Sorry, but " Happy Thanksgiving " is not appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas