Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 09:55 PM

16 posts, read 48,220 times

Advertisements

Hi.

We are 5 persons going to Las Vegas for 3 nights, 30 and 31 december, and 1 january. We would like to know where we should go the New Years Eve, the best clubs.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 10:16 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,248,225 times
That's a really subjective question. What do you like in a club?

My favorite clubs, with regard to talent and atmosphere, are Rain at the Palms, Jet at the Mirage and Haze at City Center. There are so many others, however, that unless you have a specific music preference, they all offer a similar product and musical experience.

XS and Surrender at the Wynn/Encore are very ornate. I've heard nothing but good things about Marquee, our newest nightclub, at Cosmopolitan. They are going to have house legends Erick Morillo NYE and Kaskade on the first.

Tao and Pure have maintained their status as the 800 lb gorillas of the club scene.

I have really come to loathe the way the average guests are treated at most large nightclubs on any given night. This gets much worse on NYE. Be prepared to wait a long time in line or get in touch with a VIP host at the club you want to party at, in which you will pay a premium to be treated well. Be prepared for bottle service minimums and bring your patience.

If all of this sounds like too much, keep in mind all of the major resorts feature center bars that rival a club experience. Normally, these are free, but I would venture to guess that they will be charging cover over NYE weekend, also. The entire strip will be one big party, anyway.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to direct message me.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:25 PM

We like house and electro music and cool people who dress well.
We look for a big nice club where to meet nice girls.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotito View Post
Paul Oakenfold is headlining Rain on NYE. Marquee is hosting Erick Morillo. The Artisan, a local boutique hotel, will host an after-hours that I'm sure will run well into the early AM. Those would be my top choices.

Rain is probably your best bet. It's more than a club, it's a really theatrical production with aerial performers, insane lighting, syncopated fire shows and a dynacord alpha sound system (I'm a bit of a nerd when it comes to sound). Given it's size and your musical preference, I recommend it!

You will have a blast there.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:42 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,524,319 times
Quote:
Just curious...are you guys from India?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:48 PM

Spain and England

Old 12-23-2010, 10:52 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,524,319 times
Enjoy your trip next week...you lucky dogs!

(PS...my 25 yo stepdaughter...and her friends really enjoyed a club out there called LAX (if I remember correctly). I'm too old to be clubbing, so I'm not positive on that name.)

Addendum: yep...that was it..here's the website:

http://luxor.com/nightlife/lax.aspx

Last edited by jfkIII; 12-23-2010 at 11:13 PM..

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 PM

By the way, about what time do the clubs close in New Years Eve?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:24 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,023,895 times
if you are lucky enough and have ALOT of money... Marquee is going to be the place to be with Coldplay and Jay Z. the 3 night package with tickets and a standard room is $5,600

Old 12-24-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
By the way, about what time do the clubs close in New Years Eve?
It doesn't seem to matter who the headliner is, clubs in Vegas usually start feeling rather thin around 4AM. People are either going home or to one of several after-hours...too myriad to list all of them here.

People definitely start looking for a change of venue around 4, but holiday weekends are unique.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: