Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-01-2009, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Prison!
915 posts, read 3,189,430 times
Reputation: 272

Advertisements

I am planning a trip to Las Vegas for a couple days. I am wondering if anyone can point me to the direction where I can get some legitimate deals on buffet, casinos and sight seeing?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-01-2009, 03:26 PM
 
762 posts, read 1,569,864 times
Reputation: 530
The M resort has the best buffet and free wine and beer that they brew there.
The Wynn is the most expensive and just not that great
Fremont is fun and cheap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 03:57 PM
 
Location: Silicon Valley
3,681 posts, read 9,899,442 times
Reputation: 3017
Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfdotcom View Post
I am planning a trip to Las Vegas for a couple days. I am wondering if anyone can point me to the direction where I can get some legitimate deals on buffet, casinos and sight seeing?

Thanks
You probably should check out cheapovegas.com, and lasvegasadvisor.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
23,822 posts, read 24,219,113 times
Reputation: 15146
Buffets - most places give you a discount if you have one of their player's club cards, so sign up at whichever place you select.

Casinos - table games have the same house edge anywhere you go, but there are a few things to look for. Some places only pay 6:5 for blackjack, instead of 3:2, which increases their edge. If you're a craps player, look for higher odds (if you play max odds). If you're a machine player, some places have looser machines than others, but I'm not the person to give advice on which ones, as I never play the machines.

Sight seeing - there's a lot of things you could see. If you give us an idea of what sort of sights you want to see, we can give better advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Prison!
915 posts, read 3,189,430 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
The M resort has the best buffet and free wine and beer that they brew there.
The Wynn is the most expensive and just not that great
Fremont is fun and cheap
i heard about the M resort. How much are them? Do they have coupon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
 
Location: Prison!
915 posts, read 3,189,430 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Buffets - most places give you a discount if you have one of their player's club cards, so sign up at whichever place you select.

Casinos - table games have the same house edge anywhere you go, but there are a few things to look for. Some places only pay 6:5 for blackjack, instead of 3:2, which increases their edge. If you're a craps player, look for higher odds (if you play max odds). If you're a machine player, some places have looser machines than others, but I'm not the person to give advice on which ones, as I never play the machines.

Sight seeing - there's a lot of things you could see. If you give us an idea of what sort of sights you want to see, we can give better advice.
The water fountain, Hoover Dam, Red Canyon are the places I can think so far...not too far from the strip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
 
187 posts, read 483,359 times
Reputation: 108
Go watch the V show and theyll give you free tickets after the show to another show for a hypnotist. The tickets are pretty cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Here and there, you decide.
12,908 posts, read 28,121,512 times
Reputation: 5058
are you going to have a car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:39 PM
 
Location: Prison!
915 posts, read 3,189,430 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
are you going to have a car?
Ya I will be flying into LA first...then drive to LV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 PM
 
651 posts, read 1,568,356 times
Reputation: 342
wow...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top