Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 04:01 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skisickie View Post
Give me a BREAK! STEALING?????? I steal kisses from babies then. OMG HOW JUDGMENTAL OF ANYONE WHO IS SAYING THIS.

You all remind me of my sisters in UTAH
Oh lighten up skisickie. I'm just messing with him. The guy that started it is to blame. Not me. Okay is that lying? LOL If he were in a court of law, his punishment would be much worse.

In essence, it is misappropriation of employer resources. Now do I really care? No. But, if I were in compliance and authorized with enforcing the rules, I'd have to at least give him a warning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 04:01 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,575,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
No, we just dump our waste into Lake Mead and let it flow to AZ.
so its arizona's problem then huh? nice so where does vegas' tap water come from

Old 12-13-2009, 04:05 PM

549 posts, read 1,380,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I love it how words get twisted around here to make me really look like the bad guy. Now all of a sudden my work has 5 gallon jugs of bottled water that my employer is bringing in??? I clearly said from the beginning my work has tap water that is run through a large reverse osmosis tank. I looked it up, and the water cost is $1.16 per 1,000 gallons. In other words, the 2 gallons of water I took home was costing the compant a penny a week. You guys really need to get a life.
Yeah, but how much are the filters? How much water do they filter before they have to be replaced? Does that filtration system use electricity?

To get a true calculation, you need to add in those costs as well. I'm just saying.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
i'd take a dedicated employee taking a few gallons of water home vs. a new employee not taking a thing....Give me a break!

Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierramadre44 View Post
LOL... dude, I wrote about the 5gal jugs that I used to get at home v. tap. No one said you were getting 5 gallon jugs! Jezzz, a little touchy, eh?

If it helps, I've known a lot of security guys that weren't exactly straight laced. For that matter, cops too. You already said you didn't think of it as a crime. It is sort of nit picky, but fun to rib you about it.
I was not referring to you, but to this quote made by another poster...

"I take it in Las Vegas there are no employer supplied water coolers? You know, those 5 gallon bottled water dispensers? No company provided coffee? I've never worked for a company in my life that didn't provide both for their employees...and I have never been explicitly told that I could have either of them. I guess it was just assumed because every single one of the dozens of break rooms on our campus has a water cooler and coffee machine. Imagine my surprise to learn that hundreds, if not thousands, of my co-workers are stealing right under our employer's nose. "

Old 12-13-2009, 04:26 PM

946 posts, read 2,604,208 times
[quote=DavieJ89;12012245]so its arizona's problem then huh? nice so where does vegas' tap water come from[/quote

I'm sure you're familiar with Coors commercials. I visited their facility--immense buildings with tanks the size of railroad cars full of beers. And what happens when all this beer is consumed? As we know, everything flows downhill. Hmmm.... maybe I should look into some water treatment options...

Old 12-13-2009, 04:54 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Its not the cost its the principle...employers are generally not in the business of providing their employees with water for home use.

Also (and this isn't meant to be taken personally) I don't feel sorry for anyone who has gotten a DUI let alone several DUI's. I just hope they learned something from the experience.
Gee, who pissed in your cheerios today.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:58 PM

2,457 posts, read 4,722,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
so its arizona's problem then huh? nice so where does vegas' tap water come from
Underground reservoirs below the valley.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 2,448,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I was not referring to you, but to this quote made by another poster...

"I take it in Las Vegas there are no employer supplied water coolers? You know, those 5 gallon bottled water dispensers? No company provided coffee? I've never worked for a company in my life that didn't provide both for their employees...and I have never been explicitly told that I could have either of them. I guess it was just assumed because every single one of the dozens of break rooms on our campus has a water cooler and coffee machine. Imagine my surprise to learn that hundreds, if not thousands, of my co-workers are stealing right under our employer's nose. "
LVD, you may have missed the intent of my post. I was suggesting that the notion that you were "stealing" water was rather specious. Every company I've worked for in the last 20 years has had dozens upon dozens of water coolers and coffee machines for their employees. We don't inform new hires during their orientation that the water being dispensed from the water cooler is in fact free. It is widely assumed. The same holds true for company provided coffee. The only explicitly stated rule I've seen around the coffee nooks is please clean up after yourself.

Granted, I'm talking about Silicon Valley. Perhaps Vegas is vastly different in this regard, but I somewhat doubt it. Here, if you approached management to notify them that you observed a co-worker leaving work with a gallon of tap water, you'd be ridiculed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in some instances it could actually have career limiting implications.

Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony soprano View Post
LVD, you may have missed the intent of my post. I was suggesting that the notion that you were "stealing" water was rather specious. Every company I've worked for in the last 20 years has had dozens upon dozens of water coolers and coffee machines for their employees. We don't inform new hires during their orientation that the water being dispensed from the water cooler is in fact free. It is widely assumed. The same holds true for company provided coffee. The only explicitly stated rule I've seen around the coffee nooks is please clean up after yourself.

Granted, I'm talking about Silicon Valley. Perhaps Vegas is vastly different in this regard, but I somewhat doubt it. Here, if you approached management to notify them that you observed a co-worker leaving work with a gallon of tap water, you'd be ridiculed. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in some instances it could actually have career limiting implications.
Not a problem. You're right, I did not get your intent right when I originally read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas