Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 02:43 PM

2,537 posts, read 2,735,966 times

Advertisements

Our Yorkie is the same way. She barks at other dogs barking and cats if they come into the yard. Never had any problems. Houses have double pane glass at least so can't believe it would be that bad. The gardeners with the leaf blowers are a lot worse!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2017, 04:07 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,141,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
The gardeners with the leaf blowers are a lot worse!!
just call leaf blower control and sic'm.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,114,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppyprince View Post
I have a yorkie 9mos, I let him out about 8am he barks the first 10 to 20 minutes because he is so excited to be out, he will bark other times if he hears others barking. 1of my neighbors have mailed me Anonymous letters 1st one irritated me because I had no idea who my puppy was bothering I hear dogs all the time, the 2nd time they attached animal control paper I became pissed and irritated, I am a very considerate person and homeowner and now I feel I am being secretly harassed however being anonymous only makes me ignore them, I did contact animal control I was told accessive barking is hours which he does not do I don't know what else to do I can be in my backyard having parties, loud talking what would they rather,smh
20 minutes might hit the ordinance. That's a bit excessive. My Aussie, who was deaf, would bark for pure joy every morning for about three minutes. Annoying, but something the neighbors could live with. The other two dogs only barked if something was up. I think maybe you need to take your exuberant pup back inside after five minutes of barking and teach him / her the " shush" hand signal that I taught my Aussie. Puppies learn very fast. If you give the shush hand signal after bark time is over and barking doesn't cease, outside time is over. They get the message pretty quick.

Congrats on your puppy. I love dogs!

Old 09-10-2017, 06:38 AM

160 posts, read 172,414 times
Wow Buzz I agree with you 100% !! If they need to be in a crate all the time... dont have dogs its a very cruel thing to do . Also.... dogs bark out of boredom AND also and this is important......LACK of excercise

Old 09-10-2017, 12:01 PM

561 posts, read 681,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboman55 View Post
Wow Buzz I agree with you 100% !! If they need to be in a crate all the time... dont have dogs its a very cruel thing to do . Also.... dogs bark out of boredom AND also and this is important......LACK of excercise
Dogs bark for many reasons. It's far, far easier to teach them to do something else instead of barking than it is to teach them not to bark. But it takes a willingness to work with the dog. Far easier to just let them annoy the neighbors.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:17 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashboardangel View Post
I will probably just get bark collars. My dogs are never outside past 8pm. I've never had a neighbor complain about my dogs before, least of all send in Animal Control! And I even lived on base, and people on base were always complaining about everything. But never got a single complaint about my dogs until now!

Thanks for the link, SierraMadre.
I love how oblivious you are just in general to how anyone could possibly be bothered. Past 8 pm?! What language and what logic is your brain using here to type what you're writing?! You do realize that many, many people aren't awake earlier than 10 or 11 am or even noon aren't you? Especially in Vegas! MOST people are NOT morning people! In fact only 10% are, while 20% are night people and 60% between the two. That means if you seriously think it's ok for ANY barking before noon you're just oblivious. I work from home, I may be out by the pool at 1 pm, on an important call, would I want to hear your dogs?!

You're lucky they don't get shot. In the past my dad just shot our neighbors dogs with a BB gun and he had permission to do so from the neighbor even lol. Permission or not I would shoot them for sure if they kept that up. If you don't want the dogs left inside all day, because "poor dogs," but don't care about the neighbors who have to hear your miserable annoying mutts, you're just a bad person bottom line. Nobody wants to hear that! Leave the dogs inside if you're not there.

PS: ALL cities have noise ordinances 24 hours every day against unreasonable and excessive noise. Check the code. Some people wrongly think it applies only after 10 and before 8 but they're wrong - that's for music in the backyard maybe or your regular apartment noise. Excessive or repetitive noise is always against code.

Old 09-14-2017, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 626 times
Default totally understood

Remember also, if you have a graveyard shift doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful with your neighbors.
My problem with the tenants next door of my own house is, they start their life in the backyard from 12 am until 4.30 o 5.30 am
I have to get up at 6.15 so, We're been thinking in the way we can kick them out of the house.
We're been calling the police 311, but nothing happen, police never show up.
I know they have rights as tenants, but I do have also as House owner.

And I believe is all about RESPECT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas