U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2010, 02:16 PM

16 posts, read 48,272 times

Advertisements

Vegas is my hometown and I know about most of it. I left and moved back and only plan on staying about 6 months maximum. I didn't wish to sign a lease in an apartment complex because the leasing office tends to rip you off and it's all grossly overpriced. Since I want something short term, I was thinking of weekly rental places.

Budget Suites of America is PERFECTLY located - next to a library, across the street from a grocery store, near Mandalay Bay on the strip. Would you find this acceptable considering I only want this short term for the most part?

Honestly, I rented one of these things - Siegel Suites - at Las Vegas Blvd/E. Bonanza, close to a library, Cashman Field, all government offices...BUT TONS OF HOMELESS PEOPLE, DRUG USERS, ADDICTS, ETC. I thought...what's 6 months? Well...security here tried to break in my door while I was watching Turner Classical Movie channel and doing accounting homework. They wanted my TV. UMMM...I paid rent??? What is wrong with you people? I then did research online and Stephen Siegel hires only homeless, drug addicts, people needing a 2nd chance (this was in article printed about him in the Sun June 2009). So his rehab people have the right to rob me??? In the end, because I hate management, complained about them, they actually came to kick me out. The officer manager herself was sued by Welfare for theft, sports skin tight leather to work looking like a hooker and online it shows she has lived in Pahrump....well...city of 4 brothels? Employee there maybe? I don't know. Enough red flags were raised - bad boss, bad management, bad area, no need to pay for anymore weeks here. Just leave when the weeks expire.

However, I don't wish to make the same mistake twice and I am wondering how Budget Suites is? I have heard about prostitutes there...this is Vegas - they are everywhere. LOL... I am inquiring, maybe there are better rent-by-the-week places than this one? Open for suggestions. And, no, I don't recommend Siegel anything to my worst enemy. He hired thieves to steal from paying customers. What happened to me with security was trespassing because there was no broken pipe, no imminent danger; I was not suicidal, homicidal, inappropriate, danger to self or others...WAS STUDYING AND WATCHING TV....and security was given the order by the hooker to break in. FOR WHAT LEGAL REASON? There was not one so they broke the law by trespassing. Lawyers told me to go to court, sue, make them pay to relocate me due to their violations. I am thinking - no - just let things take their course, relocate on the 14th of January - what's a few weeks - I am NEVER coming back here. Before departure, I wanted opinions about better companies, areas, etc. I know Vegas - but not rent-by-the-week kind of thing. This is my first attempt/deal with this.

Thanks for your help!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas