Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,374,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
will out perform who? ElPaso.. never heard of it... lol... Maybe Las Vegas, New Mexico will be close to El Paso

If you crunch the numbers, Las Vegas, Nevada is where to be.. and if you tell me that a house didn't depreciate it El Paso, thats Bullsh*t... its called DENIAL.
Suprising how many people really have never heard of El Paso. It is not a bad place to live but we don't want to retire here. I love the fact that the sun shines most of the year. El Paso is known as the "Sun City". You must not watch football airics. El Paso hosts the Sun Bowl every New Year's Eve day. People from nearby New Mexico come to El Paso for many services because Las Cruces, NM does not have a wide variety of choices. Property values have risen in El Paso. You can verify that. Everything depreciates airics.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,120,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Suprising how many people really have never heard of El Paso. It is not a bad place to live but we don't want to retire here. I love the fact that the sun shines most of the year. El Paso is known as the "Sun City". You must not watch football airics. El Paso hosts the Sun Bowl every New Year's Eve day. People from nearby New Mexico come to El Paso for many services because Las Cruces, NM does not have a wide variety of choices. Property values have risen in El Paso. You can verify that. Everything depreciates airics.
I heard of El Paso from the frozen food commercials as a kid way back when. Does anyone remember "pass the old El Paso?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGnTW8EhGSk

I have driven through the city on the I-10 through my cross country trips back in 1995, but I do not know anything about it. The one thing I can remember is stopping for a bite to eat at one of the Mexican food restaurants (can't remember the name), and it was awesome. Probably the best chimichanga I have ever had.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:32 PM

LVD, if you ever pass through again you have to go off the beaten path to the Little Diner. It is an out of the way hole in the wall with the most exceptional and inexpensive Mexican food. It is well known to the entertainment industry. They close to the public and stay open late for the bands passing through. Former Presidents have eaten there. A highschool alumni of mine tours as guitarist with Don Henley. We were invited to dine with them there after the concert. It was a great experience except for one person in our party who insisted on harrassing Don Henley to pose for pictures.

Little Diner

Old 01-15-2010, 04:36 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,120,394 times
Quote:
LVD, if you ever pass through again you have to go off the beaten path to the Little Diner. It is an out of the way hole in the wall with the most exceptional and inexpensive Mexican food. It is well known to the entertainment industry. They close to the public and stay open late for the bands passing through. Former Presidents have eaten there. A highschool alumni of mine tours as guitarist with Don Henley. We were invited to dine with them there after the concert. It was a great experience except for one person in our party who insisted on harrassing Don Henley to pose for pictures.

Little Diner
Thanks, I checked out the link, at it looks delicious. Now you are making me hungry LOL.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:39 PM

You won't be disappointed if you ever go. It is a hole in the wall but the owners are so nice and the food is homemade and delicious.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:17 PM

424 posts, read 949,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
will out perform who? ElPaso.. never heard of it... lol... Maybe Las Vegas, New Mexico will be close to El Paso
Hey, I'm grew up in Las Vegas, New Mexico and I still love visiting there. Yep, there and El Paso might be about the same crappy real estate market. Comparing Las Vegas, NV and El Paso, Tx is like comparing apples to oranges. El Paso isn't in the same league as Vega$ in terms of destination, economy, etc. (did I forget desirability?)

Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM

11,138 posts, read 15,908,322 times
Quote:
Property values in El Paso are rising due to the expansion of Ft. Bliss. No one here is upside down on their home loan.
Interesting, considering that 541 foreclosed homes will be auctioned off in the lobby of the county courthouse on Feb. 2nd, with more sales to take place on the first Tuesday of each subsequent month for the forseeable future.

http://www.co.el-paso.tx.us/Foreclosures/ (broken link)

Old 01-15-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Interesting, considering that 541 foreclosed homes will be auctioned off in the lobby of the county courthouse on Feb. 2nd, with more sales to take place on the first Tuesday of each subsequent month for the forseeable future.

http://www.co.el-paso.tx.us/Foreclosures/ (broken link)
People were foreclosed because they were approved for loans when they did not qualify. It has nothing to do with falling property values like other markets. Ft. Bliss is expanding and building. People are selling their homes above appraised values.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:25 PM

The foreclosure homes are mostly cheaply built homes with no garages and dirt for landscaping. The builders lost their butts.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:39 PM

11,138 posts, read 15,908,322 times
Quote:
The foreclosure homes are mostly cheaply built homes with no garages and dirt for landscaping. The builders lost their butts.
How could they lose their butts if property values are increasing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: