Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 01:28 AM

16,265 posts, read 43,022,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruready1st View Post
I much prefer the green of the Sonoran Desert as opposed to this Mojave Desert. I will take any desert over the green of the East Coast though.

Those trees come with bugs, pollen, leaves to be raked, and birds that poop.
That is pretty much exactly how I feel about them. Growing up in MI, I don't feel any attachment for the vegetation out there. I much prefer palm trees and the kind of trees I see in the Vegas area.

If there was a green that I liked, it would be the Pacific West...but just on equal par with what I love about the Vegas foilage. Either way, MUCH prefer them to the Midwest/Northeast of the U.S.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 07:29 PM

4,947 posts, read 10,780,978 times
Not one bit.
I'm happier here than I was in my teenie weenie Manhattan apt.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:56 PM

848 posts, read 1,720,076 times
I'm happy in my neighborhood, surrounded by mature trees; palm, pine and Palo Verde. The communities in my area have beautiful landscaping, granted they were planted but it still looks nice and green.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:07 PM

404 posts, read 1,190,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
That is pretty much exactly how I feel about them. Growing up in MI, I don't feel any attachment for the vegetation out there. I much prefer palm trees and the kind of trees I see in the Vegas area.

If there was a green that I liked, it would be the Pacific West...but just on equal par with what I love about the Vegas foilage. Either way, MUCH prefer them to the Midwest/Northeast of the U.S.
However, unlike palm trees, none of those trees come with scorpions

Old 07-21-2011, 04:03 PM

41 posts, read 71,409 times
I am a New Englander and I am moving to Nevada.Part of the reason is I have SEVERE spring allergies. So bad that allergy medicine doesnt work and I am miserable from May-mid june. Are allergies common in Vegas?

Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 PM

56 posts, read 207,216 times
I am from Florida where everything grew and grew and grew! I miss the tropical plants and critters the most.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 PM

56 posts, read 207,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babycoconut View Post
I am a New Englander and I am moving to Nevada.Part of the reason is I have SEVERE spring allergies. So bad that allergy medicine doesnt work and I am miserable from May-mid june. Are allergies common in Vegas?
I have been in Vegas for four years now. I coughed more in Florida, I sneeze more in Vegas. I am not sure what has been blooming for the past two weeks, but it is doing a number on my sinuses. I was naieve to think I would have little to no allergy issues here. If you have allergies where you live now, chances are you will here too.

Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,900,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBarb View Post
I have been in Vegas for four years now. I coughed more in Florida, I sneeze more in Vegas. I am not sure what has been blooming for the past two weeks, but it is doing a number on my sinuses. I was naieve to think I would have little to no allergy issues here. If you have allergies where you live now, chances are you will here too.
pollen is up today

Old 07-21-2011, 05:13 PM

1,558 posts, read 4,769,363 times
Miss the shade, but not dealing with the falling leaves.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:05 PM

848 posts, read 1,720,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasBarb View Post
I am from Florida where everything grew and grew and grew! I miss the tropical plants and critters the most.
Same here, you grow gardens indoors and outdoors. When you have sun and water, plants will thrive. Have you seen the nurseries here? Outstanding selection from tropical plants to drought tolerant plants. By the way desert plants put on a great show of colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas