Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 09:14 AM

799 posts, read 706,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROFILE CLIMB View Post
I noticed people are developing nasty attitudes, oh and the shootings, glad I escaped never to return to that hell hole California is way better.
LOL, as long as you like to pay super high taxes, and need a 'nanny' to tell you what to do every minute of your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 10:03 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,134,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
All I can say is even though while there in LV I didn't make much money....I had been able to save quite a bit in a short time...now that I'm working the oilfields in TX and supposedly making big bucks, I'm broke!

I'm trying to get back to Vegas as fast I can!

Better quality of life...smarter people too!

Believe it or not, I was asking for Mozzarella cheese at Subway (in TX) and the girl making my two ingredient sub did NOT know what Mozzarella was! I had to guide her to it and then she said Oh, the grated cheese.

Never mind that no one here seems to know what Provolone is....at all! fuggetaboutit!

Oh and don't even get me started on there being nowhere to go shooting here! In Vegas I can head in any direction and find a range. I always tended to wind up at American Shooters though!
Are you living in or near a boom town?

I feel your pain. I work in a gold mining boom town(Elko). I make pretty good money up here but I never shop here. This town is way too expensive. The grocery stores, real estate, gas, rent, hotels and most all entertainment. I save all of my shopping/entertainment for when I get back to Las Vegas. Fortunately I live with in-laws and don't have to worry about necessities.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:09 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,985,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
What a great revived old thread...... made me smile reading comments from folks who don't post anymore. I visit Las Vegas every year, and love the place. But, I can see how some people suffer burnout.

But, once you get away from the strip, it is a very interesting town. I just love riding the bus way down Boulder Highway past Sam's Town. Las Vegas opens up down there, and you recognize you really are in a desert.

I would love to live in Las Vegas, but, as a foreigner, this isn't possible sadly. I content myself with annual visits, admire the beautiful sunsets, and envy the Americans who live in such a great city.
Living somewhere and vacationing somewhere are completely different. I always make this mistake.

I lived in Thailand for a number of years because I used to vacation there. It's the best place in the world to vacation but it sucked to live there....all those smiles and sawadee kups are as phony as a 70 bhat bill.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:48 PM

557 posts, read 791,586 times
Been here 2.5 yrs and loving every minute.

Old 07-21-2014, 08:42 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,985,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
Been here 2.5 yrs and loving every minute.
some ppl really like it here. You may be that type.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:25 PM

557 posts, read 791,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
some ppl really like it here. You may be that type.
LOL
I am married and raising two small children here . I live a very quiet uneventful life and I like it that way.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:51 PM

6,377 posts, read 11,843,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
It seems as though OP has the issue of women only interested in him for money no matter where he is:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ugar-baby.html

Just ONE example...

It seems OP has some serious relationship issues.
What the hell are you talking about? Been married 11 years and my wife loves where we live now. You must not have a high level of reading comprehension.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:28 PM

158 posts, read 264,217 times
I enjoy absurdity in my life, so Vegas is a great place for me. For example yesterday, I stopped by the NAACP convention, passed some kind of animal convention, then on my way to my car passed people getting formal pictures in Scottish regalia opposite a window that looks out to a pyramid, and then a massive beach party was going on outside. Followed by a quick trip to the western wear store. Oh, and I managed to be driving north on the west side of 215 right at sunset, so I got to enjoy some phenomenal scenery.

And tomorrow I get to go to the airport...awesome for people watching!

If you appreciate the absurd (even just watching, not participating), LV is a great place.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:04 PM

5,314 posts, read 7,767,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimilyn View Post
I enjoy absurdity in my life, so Vegas is a great place for me. For example yesterday, I stopped by the NAACP convention, passed some kind of animal convention, then on my way to my car passed people getting formal pictures in Scottish regalia opposite a window that looks out to a pyramid, and then a massive beach party was going on outside. Followed by a quick trip to the western wear store. Oh, and I managed to be driving north on the west side of 215 right at sunset, so I got to enjoy some phenomenal scenery.

And tomorrow I get to go to the airport...awesome for people watching!

If you appreciate the absurd (even just watching, not participating), LV is a great place.
We, too, enjoy the absurdity that IS Las Vegas! We went to see our friends play last night at Carnaval Court at Harrah's. I don't get over to the Strip very often, but my buddy has been asking me to come see him play for a while, so Monday night on the Strip it was!

I forget the lunacy of people, which makes the watching of them an absolutely STELLAR time! We saw a 10' alien, a few Transformers, a dude wearing a diaper with wings strapped to his back, and idiotic people who think their toddler belongs there seeing all of it. I did point out to them that Anaheim is 4 hours that-a-way, but they didn't understand me :/

Old 07-22-2014, 03:32 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,134,711 times
Does this count as absurdity?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas