Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 02:36 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times

Advertisements

I don't know much about the young gay scene but there are lots of well established older gay couples here. They like the lifestyle and say Vegas is a good place to be gay.

I think people here are very accepting and slow to judge. That's a compliment to everyone here. They don't really care about your private life or who you have sex with. After all, it's Vegas......some of the most unusual people in the world are here. You won't even get a second look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
hmmmmm I'm sure the OP really cared....posted once in Feb and never came back....maybe he went straight.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,945,533 times
^not so sure about the "substance" inquiry though.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 PM

222 posts, read 385,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblu77 View Post
vegas is cool especially young gay and single you just have to be willing to live a super fast paced life style along with alot of partyin everyone says they wont do this or that when wanting to move to vegas then they get here and either 1 become very successful with money or 2 fall off the deep in become an alcoholic drug addict im dead serious to!!!!! Been out here from l.a for about 10 years now i used to like vegas but now all the partying and this vegas life style is so old im so ready to move back to l.a which is going to happen soon.as far as the gay community tho there is alot of gay people out here me being one and im only 26 there is a mermorous of gay bars clubs and gay friendly hotels you can be open out here with no problems on sundays in the summer at the luxor pool they have gay day with dj's alcohol and its really fun...vegas is a great place to live being in your 20's but as far a starting a family not the city this is a party city money makin city....hope i could help i live in vegas and im gay so i have th best answer for ya
lol

Old 08-26-2010, 08:32 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKLAS View Post
lol
I couldnt read it....was that ALLL one sentance?????

Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
For substance, I'd make a detour to Phoenix or Tucson.
I can't speak about Phoenix, but I can't imagine why a gay man would want to live in Tucson. I've been here four years and I've met a lot of lesbians, but very few gay men. And those I have met are retirees. I lived briefly in Iowa City and Tucson is a lot like Iowa City, just with better weather.

Tucson only has a half a million residents and most of the ones who pursue an active social life are undergrads from the university. Weak music scene, weak club scene. You can't get dinner here after 9 p.m. unless it's pizza. Pima County is a blue island in a red state, so you won't encounter a ton of prejudice here. But you'll find more earnestness than liveliness.

You say you like hiking. If you're also a Birkenstock wearing vegan with a bicycle and an interest in environmentalism -- for heaven's sake get here toute de suite. Otherwise, you could do better.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:42 PM

33 posts, read 92,194 times
I can't speak to living in Las Vegas, but as for the nightlife question... I have always had a great time enjoying the Vegas gay nightlife. Theres a good variety of options, and the people have always been friendly and welcoming.

I live in Orlando, which is certainly an extremely gay-friendly city, but I would rate my many experiences with Vegas gay nightlife to be just as enjoyable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: